• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

World's Scariest Runways...

hscs

pilot
You're kidding, right? I thought Haditha Dam was a piece of cake (unless it was a VIP hop to Baghdad and you had an assload of gas on board, then it was pretty sporty). Actually, I think that CSH S is a bit sportier than Haditha Dam, at least you have waveoff options at the Dam.

I was talking about below the dam...

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
picLesothoStrip.jpg

MATEKANE AIRSTRIP - Kingdom of Lesotho, Africa

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Unalaska Airport. Never been there but it looks sporty...especially considering the weather and terrain. Damn pretty too.

DUT-b.jpg

a128_dutch_harbor.jpg

EDIT: This is on my aviation to-do list....course I may have to retire as an Alaskan bush pilot to make it happen...;)

codtanker

United Airlines
pilot
A4's you have a point, but throw in "blue water" ops and no divert, pucker factor has to come up "some."

I have to admit I haven't done the 630K but I have done something on a smaller scale like 200K with nothing but speed brakes, brakes with a Typhoon going past Guam with more room to spare on the short final turn.

Both will make you wonder why we love this industry, both are why we wouldn't choose any other.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The runway below is not necessarily "scary".

But a majority of all I have known who have landed here, at one time or another have either crashed and burned - or have had some major if not strike damage shortly after landing. :eek: .... Either at the infamous O'Club up on the hill, or in that notorious town in the distance, just beyond the "smell". ;)

So maybe not "scary," but it certainly was "treacherous." :D :D

<
cubipt1am0.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The runway below is not necessarily "scary". .... but it certainly was "treacherous." :D :D

<
cubipt1am0.jpg

Man, that's for sure -- there's nothing more "treacherous" (and/or looked forward to) than a debrief up on the hill just to the right of the runway/ramp ... :D

But somewhat more seriously ... I landed there once following a test hop ON FIRE -- no shit -- and didn't even know it as the fire warning system had burned/shorted through ... the tower told me "HEY ... on the rollout ... YOU'RE ON FIRE" ... :eek:

The debrief was great.