• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Working for the holidays...

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
First Christmas away from home this year. It sucks, but they do take good care of us out here and the squadron is great. I've got a lot of friends out here so we have a good time still. It really is just another day, minus the decorations and whatnot and we still fly and have our duties. Although, the only thing I really want for Christmas now is all our pubs to make it out here on time and the correct amount. Then, I will be happy.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Full day" is another different perspective. Eight hours is a very, very short day for any of us in uniform!

Ahh, true that. If I work 50 hours in a week (which is a joke), I'm looked at as a freak. I get the "you're working to hard" speech. I just kindly smile, point to the pictures of my ships hanging on the wall in my office, and say, "I could double the amount of hours I work here and still be short compared to what those guys are working." They don't get it and never will.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
At least there is typically some kind of connectivity these days instead of the ~two week cycle time for mail as primary means of communication. Talk about feeling disconnected!

Or maybe back in the day you got lucky and had the time to wait in line for a MARS conversation with your hippy chick girlfriend. Talk about an exercise is frustration ! ......over

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If I was in a squadron, I'd be the Christmas Duty jew, but I'm on leave between squadrons.... sorry HSC-25 JOPA....

rare21

pilot
Contributor
True, true - DMV employees certainly earn their paychecks.

sorry DMV bubbas are certainly off...and even get out early on Wednesday. Standing SDO duty I do not consider work. Seizing 26 pounds of weed, packaged crack, a 9mm baby glock from a center console,fully loaded, and seizing three cars on the 23rd and 24th all on different occasions......IS.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
"I could double the amount of hours I work here and still be short compared to what those guys are working."

Is this with or without applying the SWO mantra of "its not what you do, its how many hours you put in".

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is this with or without applying the SWO mantra of "its not what you do, its how many hours you put in".
Depends on what day it was. Wednesdays was always the day we maximized the number of hours we stayed awake. Why? Cause it was hump day and we liked staying awake for the hell of it.