• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Work for the wife during TBS?

spec05v

Waiting...
I'm heading to OCC 191 in January and hopefully to TBS in April. My wife and I are starting to make plans for the move. What have some of your experiences been with wives working (or not) during TBS?

KBayDog

My wife worked during TBS; it was the best thing she could have done during that time. Your days will be long - unless she really likes being alone, a job is a good thing for her sanity.

PM me if you want details.

Mel920

I wish I had a choice.

Given the choice, I think my husband would still choose TBS instead of me.
Seriously, though, I'm going to work while my husband goes to TBS (he starts in a few weeks). I would get very bored, very fast sitting around watching soaps all day. Plus we'll hopefully have some nice savings by the time he's done.
What is she interested in doing? I've come across a number of temp agencies in the area plus a couple of major companies that hire short-term employees. If she's interested, I'll send you a PM.

Crowbar

None
Well, given the nature of OCS I wouldn't recommend moving her to Quantico (on your dime) before you graduate. However, should you choose to do that anyway, tax season will be upon you, and H&R Block could always use some help...

spec05v

Waiting...
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the temp agencies have some of the better options for such a short time period.

Well, given the nature of OCS I wouldn't recommend moving her to Quantico (on your dime) before you graduate.

We are planning to move during the short break between OCS and TBS. My wife will just have to make all the final decisions (apartment, job, etc.) while I'm in OCS.