• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Women of CVN76" Get's Skipper called to Washington

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
just when you thought NATOPS was dry...:sleep_125

Indeed and while it establishes a permanent 4 star billet for 8 years (outlasting CNO, SECDEF, President and Congressional terms), note the date of the Executive Order: 1982. That was the showdown between Lehman and Rickover who had 33 years on the job (60+ in the Navy) and tremendous clout. Lehman convinced SECDEF and the President it was time to retire Rickover, which resulted in a final epic showdown, but Rickover did retire and the Executive order created bounds for his replacement.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Naval Reactors Song
pixel_trans.gif
:D
( sung to the tune of the Oscar Meyer Hotdog Tune )

My reactor has a first name
Its N - A - V - A - L
My reactor has a second name
Its classified as hell
Oh, I like to scram it everyday
And if you ask me why I'll say,
"Cause radiation has a way
of re-arranging DNA!" :eek:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
All about the assholes who work in Crystal City and wear civies and suits to work every day....ugh!

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Naval Reactors Song
pixel_trans.gif
:D
( sung to the tune of the Oscar Meyer Hotdog Tune )

My reactor has a first name
Its N - A - V - A - L
My reactor has a second name
Its classified as hell
Oh, I like to scram it everyday
And if you ask me why I'll say,
"Cause radiation has a way
of re-arranging DNA!" :eek:

this should be played on the 1mc following the inevitable 0300 "this is a drill, this is a drill...Romeo Sierra..Reactory casualty assistance team lay to the blah blah blah. This is a drill, this is a drill....."

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
Isn't airman a term for enlisted AF?

Navy has Airman, Fireman, Seaman and a few others. You can be just an airman or you can be designated. Once you make E-4 you become a Petty Officer 3rd Class.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I thought the article said it was the same person that made the Pump it video. Wasn't that an officer?

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I thought the article said it was the same person that made the Pump it video. Wasn't that an officer?

Article says that the Officer is the one who posted the video. He probably just had a copy of it and posted it.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Sh!@#ts really gonna hit the fan if they investigate, and find out it was the command PH making the videos during working hours, while using government equipment.