• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wisdom Teeth removal

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for weighing in. I didn't have the time to get tricare prime setup over break, and dental screening is tomorrow, so I'm at the mercy of the U.S. Navy. Bravo company is only overbooked by five at this point so I'm not too worried about getting dropped.

SMILE4BULLETS

well, i figured as much. why take them out when you dont need too. i just didnt know if it was SOP to have them taken out to completely eliminate the possibility of future problems. i just didnt know if a new Navy Doc would see my molars as a "target of opportunity"...

BlackDog421

Life's a garden. Dig it.
When I had my wisdom teeth out, they numbed my mouth up, and filled me with nitrous. I felt heavy like a brick but it felt good. All four of mine were very impacted and I was put on some pretty powerful painkillers afterward. Not much swelling though, just took a three hour nap and it wore off... I know what you mean about the garbage can though, I could have made a moat of blood around my house.:sleep_125

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Well, I sort of lucked out.

Cases they judge to be "urgent" get scheduled for a removal during the cycle, preferably before one of our 72's.

I was told my teeth aren't going anywhere, so I don't need to get them removed at TBS. He recommended getting it done during Pensacola.

The bad news? I have bone over my wisdom teeth (they're pointed sideways). I don't want to think about how the surgery would go.

tony7500

0+ hours...
Well, I sort of lucked out.

Cases they judge to be "urgent" get scheduled for a removal during the cycle, preferably before one of our 72's.

I was told my teeth aren't going anywhere, so I don't need to get them removed at TBS. He recommended getting it done during Pensacola.

The bad news? I have bone over my wisdom teeth (they're pointed sideways). I don't want to think about how the surgery would go.

My wisdom teeth were the same way. Teeth were sideways, with bone over the top. I had them taken out while waiting for API last fall. They ended up putting me under general and took them out through the side of my gums. They'll probably do the same for you. Nothing to worry about, just more time off waiting to class up.