• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wings!

BlkPny

pilot
As my Flight Instructor said immediately following the ceremony, "Congratulations, Dickhead. Now you know everything".

Seriously Fly, congratulations on your achievement, especially in light of the time it took. Believe this Old Guy, it will be a source of pride your entire life. No matter what else you choose to do in life, you will always think of yourself first and foremost as a Naval Aviator.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
AllAmerican75 said:
:)

I'm surprised A4s isn't here expounding the benefits of sqeezing limes yet, but then again I doubt you need an excuse to squeeze said limes, Fly.:D Congrats.

I want a separate thread about the life and loves of Fly-Guy ... a.k.a. Fly-Navy ... a.k.a. "Ryan" ... whoever the hell :))) that is ... I want to know when he has his first baby. Or whatever .... I will tolerate nothing less. :)

Limes ... always more squeezed limes, tempered with Tequila. :icon_rast

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Nice job bruddah...welcome aboard

Second Feddoc - time for self-congratulatory artillery

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get into the Rhino... there was one at the ramp on the day of my winging, got chills looking at her :)

A4sForever said:
I want a separate thread about the life and loves of Fly-Guy ... a.k.a. Fly-Navy ... a.k.a. "Ryan" ... whoever the hell () that is ... I want to know when he has his first baby. Or whatever .... I will tolerate nothing less.

My girlfriend thinks I should get my own forum...

junioro said:
Wow 3 years? Were you on the short bus program or something? Have fun in VT-122

Nope, pretty standard for us FY03 types. I said it in a previous thread, but I'll repeat again:

Commission May 2003
Report NASC July 2003
Start API December 2003
Start Primary March 2004
Start Advanced March 2005

Lots of waiting and whatnot in between schools. I waited 6+ months to start Advanced.

whereareyou

Oh i've just heard of guys gettin winged out of kingsville as ensigns still. Guess thats maybe cuz they dont fly the 'real' T-45 right?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
junioro said:
Oh i've just heard of guys gettin winged out of kingsville as ensigns still. Guess thats maybe cuz they dont fly the 'real' T-45 right?

No, because Kingsville pushes through in 9 months sometimes, faster than TS was written for. I waited 6 months because VT-7 was still dealing with the T-2 guys that VT-9 sent them. It caused a big big mess. I remember at one point we had 125 students in VT-7. My class is the first to complete in a year.

A-4 Driver

What are they doing to you guys in training, 3 years after your commission? Back in the old days I got commissioned in March 66 and got wings in June 67. They sure must have upped the time for training.