• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wings!

Lawman

None
A-4 Driver said:
What are they doing to you guys in training, 3 years after your commission? Back in the old days I got commissioned in March 66 and got wings in June 67. They sure must have upped the the time for training.

They were a little more motivated to get you guys to the fleet though.

Congrats Fly. Have fun at the RAG/FRS/whatever they want to call it next. Bet you cant wait for SERE :D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A-4 Driver said:
What are they doing to you guys in training, 3 years after your commission? Back in the old days I got commissioned in March 66 and got wings in June 67. They sure must have upped the the time for training.

See my previous post that deliniates (sp?) my training progress. Lots of waiting in pools because the Navy screwed the pooch with the FY03 year group. A combination of too many JOs, too many SNAs, the sundown of the S-3, and the transition of the F-14 created so many backups. It's funny though, now we're basically Pri-A to get to the Fleet. Go figure!

Oh, welcome to the board sir!

A-4 Driver

I understand now, hell we would ***** if we were slowed down just a week or two because of weather etc. Congrats to ya, as someone else mentioned it will always be something you will be extremely pleased you did. The comaradire (sp) you will experience with your fleet squadronmates will be the best of your entire lifetime. Good luck to you.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A-4 Driver said:
I understand now, hell we would ***** if we were slowed down just a week or two because of weather etc. Congrats to ya, as someone else mentioned it will always be something you will be extremely pleased you did. The comaradire (sp) you will experience with your fleet squadronmates will be the best of your entire lifetime. Good luck to you.

Thanks, I can't wait. I especially can't wait to get into the Rhino.

We have another A-4 driver on the board, A4sForever. Don't know if you two have run into each other yet.

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
I've been away from a computer for a couple weeks due to a little camping trip in Maine but congrats and welcome to the club Fly! It seems like yesterday that I "helped" you lose your watch on the Blackwater River in Milton.:icon_smil

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Congrats Man, I spent St. Paddies day in Oahu, so I didnt hear the good news either. This site is incredibly motivating.

snort

Banned
Props, dude. No, not actual props, but congrats. Get jets.

@ A-4 Driver: I'm not quite a old as you, but, yes, hours are up. The times, they are a changing...