• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wings Of Gold... Finally

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
TO Left Eye:
When you earn your wings, you can talk shit about mine

:)
No, actually I can talk shit about em any time I want. And you're an easier target than most because you have both sets.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
desperatehv4.jpg

Naw, you've made similar claims about a "trophy wife" but also backed it up with proof!

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats, welcome. Now, like HarrierDude said, don't, under any circumstances, trade west coast orders for east coast ones... no matter how much fun you may/may not have in -203.

PS - Don't suck.

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Congrats, welcome. Now, like HarrierDude said, don't, under any circumstances, trade west coast orders for east coast ones... no matter how much fun you may/may not have in -203.

PS - Don't suck.

It's funny. Last night I had a "no-shit" nightmare that my orders changed and I had to go east coast. I woke up in the middle of the night pissed as hell and my heart was pounding.

Maybe that will let you know how much I reeeeeeaaallly don't want east coast.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Havenot.

Well, I never flew anything Marine oriented, but I did grow up in Cherry Point (East Coast Harrier base.)

Aside from maybe one redeeming factor (the beach is 1/2 hour away) it's all gas stations, nasty girls, and furniture stores.

Havelock sucks. Stay away. We called it Havenot for a reason.

Nose

pilot
Nice work Freshy. Fun time's over, work begins. (But the fun actually continues.)

Question for the masses: Who I gotta blow to get some wings under my name? (One anchor please)

Nose

Junior

pilot
Why does east coast suck when compared to west?
The west coast is a pretty good deal for Marines, but understand I have not been to Miramar or Yuma yet. But from my limited experience in Lemoore, the flying weather is great, ranges are close, and there are some pretty good places for low altitude work. Anybody with more experience (read more than none) feel free to set me straight.

phrogpilot73

The west coast is a pretty good deal for Marines, but understand I have not been to Miramar or Yuma yet. But from my limited experience in Lemoore, the flying weather is great, ranges are close, and there are some pretty good places for low altitude work. Anybody with more experience (read more than none) feel free to set me straight.
The East Coast isn't as bad as it's made out to be... As a single 1stLt, I could afford a house with a yard, and still have money to buy all my toys. The flying is a bit more boring (because it's flat there), but New Bern, Wilmington, Emerald Isle, and Atlantic Beach aren't that bad. Truth be told, I loved being stationed on the East Coast, and if I had it to do over again - I'd ask to be there.