• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wings Automobile Emblem?

phrogpilot73

Does anyone know where I can get ahold of either brass, chrome or plastic Wings that are designed to attach to your automobile? I've seen them before, but I checked the PX and scoured the internet and can't find them. I just got a brand new Subaru B9 Tribeca, and I am not too interested in slapping a bumper sticker on, but I think something tasteful like that might be nice... Thanks for any help.

Scab

pilot
phrogpilot73 said:
Does anyone know where I can get ahold of either brass, chrome or plastic Wings that are designed to attach to your automobile? I've seen them before, but I checked the PX and scoured the internet and can't find them. I just got a brand new Subaru B9 Tribeca, and I am not too interested in slapping a bumper sticker on, but I think something tasteful like that might be nice... Thanks for any help.
http://www.navalaviation.com/navyaviatortag.html

Something like a License plate?

phrogpilot73

UInavy said:
While just above a bumper sticker in classiness, I like the wings on clear plastic that attach to rear windows. The clear plastic doesn't really show up, so it looks fairly nice. I know they've got them at most exchanges I've been to.

Tinted back windows prevent that (that's what I had on my last car), and I don't have a trailer hitch on my new vehicle...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"She's not my special lady, she's my fvcking lady friend. I'm just helping her conceive."

If you don't know the quote, you're wrong on so many levels.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
phrogpilot73 said:
Tinted back windows prevent that (that's what I had on my last car), and I don't have a trailer hitch on my new vehicle...

I think UI means the ones that go outside the window, not a sticky-side up "reverse" deal, or anything static cling that sticks on the interior of the glass. They come in all different sizes, and once you cut the excess clear plastic around the edges, they look nice (I've got a set about 5 inches across on the back tinted window of my truck).

I know the ones you're really looking for phrog, every now and again I see them at an exchange.

edit: UI posted the link.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
phrogpilot...I know exactly what you're talking about. Any chance you can swing by Norfolk or VaBeach? I know they have them at the Oceana and Norfolk exchanges. They don't have them at MCAS Cherry Point? If you get really desperate drop me a line and I'll pick up a set for you and send them.

phrogpilot73

Road Program said:
phrogpilot...I know exactly what you're talking about. Any chance you can swing by Norfolk or VaBeach? I know they have them at the Oceana and Norfolk exchanges. They don't have them at MCAS Cherry Point? If you get really desperate drop me a line and I'll pick up a set for you and send them.

I'm stationed at New River, and I don't make it up to Cherry Point that much. But if they're at the Oceana/Norfolk exchange, I'll swing by when I'm in Little Creek for TACP school. Thanks for the heads up!

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
phrog...they still had them when I left there in November, so I'm assuming they're still there. Hell, Little Creek might have them, too. Just take a gander in the Navy Pride store and they should be in there (on the left wall as you're facing the back of the store at Norfolk).

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
I am not sure a set of wings will help that thing. I think I found the B9 Tribeca's grandfather. :icon_lol:

20024275-E.jpg

B17571.jpg

BTW: Tribeca? Isn't that a horse race? :D

phrogpilot73

SteveG75 said:
I am not sure a set of wings will help that thing. I think I found the B9 Tribeca's grandfather. :icon_lol:

BTW: Tribeca? Isn't that a horse race? :D
I don't think it looks like an edsel... Subaru says that the design is supposed to be a tribute to their airplane manufacturing of days gone by... If you see the inside, you'd agree.

Tribeca is an area in NYC - TRIangle BElow CAnal...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Those don't look nearly big enough for the VP guys. Don't you have something written in an SOP where whatever symbol of qualification you have has to be 6 times larger than your shoulder?

Maybe that's just for PPCs...