• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

will plantar warts get me npq'd?

penderwt

yut king
i got plantar warts, i leave in a week, am i in trouble? they don't hurt when i run or hike. any word would be greatly appreciated

KBayDog

Yes. Plantar warts are permanently disqualifying for all of the services. Have fun in the civilian world.

(Kindler, Gentler KBayDog: If it were me reporting to OCS with asymptomatic plantar warts, I'd treat them like ingrown hairs or a skinned knee...But that's just me ;) I'll leave it at that.

p.s. - By the end of OCS, your feet will be callused stumps anyway...)

KimberlyD

Here's my info, get to a doc, preferably a dermatologist. My husband gets them everytime he goes to Bahrain & for some unknown reason, duct tape is the cure there, doesn't really work well for him. He got a cream called Aldara fr the dermatologist, it's actually FDA approved for genital warts but is being prescribed for plantar warts. It works amazingly well on his & is really fast. Only problem is that it tends to open them up a little & that can be a little painful while they're healing.

shortncurly

Not sure how duct tape works on plantar warts (all I know is that it's like The Force: it's got a light side, a dark side, and holds the universe together), but my husband has one right now -- he's in Primary -- and it hasn't npq'd him. Just do what the doc tells you, and it'll go away soon enough.

Raptor2216

I had planters warts when I went to meps in 02. I failed the exam but I went to a podiatrist who froze them and within one week they warts dried up and fell out, literaly, and I was cleared. I would recommend that you go see a podiatrist, they'll take care of it.

KimberlyD

Okay, on the treadmill at the gym the other day one of those health thingies flashed up (Paging Dr Gupta, he's a local doc who loves to see himself on TV), anyway, he explained how the duct tape works, it creates a localized area of skin irritation which your immune system recognizes & releases antibodies to that area to fend off the irritation & in turn, the antibodies take care of the virus that causes the warts.

penderwt

yut king
ocs cures plantar warts

so i had tried everything before i shipped, and nothing worked...soaking in apple cider vinegar, rubbing a banana peel on it, using the dr. scholl's stuff, duct tape, everything....when i got to ocs, i went to medical, they didn't look at it, so i was good to go...everytime a DI, corpsman, or our platoon commander did a feet check, i just said, "this candidate went to medical and was cleared." so they all said good to go (i don't think they were much looking to get me npq'd). four weeks into training, the warts just fell off...

moral of the story... whether it's the stress, the god awful humps, or the constant near 100% humidity of Quantico, something about OCS kills plantar warts.

oorah india/3rd... Go hard or GO HOME!

PeterHill

Damn Planters

The plantar warts wont really get too botherssome for a long time. For myself and anyone I have known to get them.. it takes like 3 years before they get big enough and spread enough to even really be noticible.

But then they can really start to get annoying.

I got a big plantar on my foot when I was in the army years ago... and for the next five years I tryed all the typical things like cutting, burning, freezing and using every type of acid on the market. I visited my family doctor so many times that it was a joke.

I went to a natureopathic doc as well.. and drank pine needle juice for a few months... wore duct tape on my feet for a whole summer...no dice... it got so bad that they had spread all over my feet and hands. It wasn't untill I went to a clinical hypnotist that I finally got rid of them (painlessly).

Anyway, I made a blog where I added some youtube video's of people who did all the classic treatments. Like burning with insence and cutting with nail clippers... None of these methods work so dont try em.. but there are worth a good laugh.
PM for the link.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Dear god those videos are disturbing. But the dude using a knife while wearing neon biker shorts was funny. "Cut off the good bits"..... By the way "Freezing of the Wart" sounds like an awesome heavy metal album.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
i got plantar warts, i leave in a week, am i in trouble? they don't hurt when i run or hike. any word would be greatly appreciated

For heavens sakes, Plantar Warts are as common as, uhhh oh well.

Go to the Doc who will use liquid nitrogen and freeze it off. Couple days, good as new. Witches brew not needed. Most clinics have a "sign-up list" to get er done. They most likely will re-appear, at some point, so just have it done again. Not a biggie.

Take care of your feet, it is important.