• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will a sea dye marker wreck a swimming pool?

Max_Power

Prefers Skippy
Contributor
Mission accomplished. Don't know how long it'll take to clear up, but I don't really care. Second photo came out weird because I powered down the phone right as it was saving it, but you get the idea...

Very nice. I would love to see the look on his face as he tries to figure out wtf happened.

zimm17

Retired
pilot
I've moved out of the area, but I have a report that his pool is still just as green. He'll probably have to change out the water. Not my problem anymore.

He took it well when I told him the color only lasts a few days... Heck we were sitting around his pool having a beer when I tossed it in.

zimm17

Retired
pilot
It was really funny. He fished out the dye marker with a pool net and threw in the trash- I picked it back up and threw it back into pool. Then later that night I hurled the second marker in from my backyard.

The market was actually blood red and dripping- must be some sorta chemical reaction with the water. Just picking up the string to throw it made my thumb yellow for a few days. Couldn't imagine how yellow you'd be in real life sitting next to one in the ocean.

Good thing the PR's didn't ask for them when I checked into my new squadron last week... I had an old SV-2 so I'll get a new air-safe vest.

m0tbaillie

Former SWO
Agreed, 50 bucks worth of minnows running loose in his pool would be hilarious...and troublesome.

It would be hilarious, for the all of 10 minutes that those poor minnow would last in a highly-chlorinated pool.

Then he'd had $50 worth of dead fish to contend with. Pick a hot August day and this one would be great!

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Better yet, go spend a day crabbing at the Lesner Bridge. You can bag at least a hundred in a few hours. Then toss THOSE in. Live = funny, dead floating around on a hot day = absolutely hysterical.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually I would think the opposite- a bunch of live crabs, while not as smelly, would be more hilarious in that fishing them out would be a much more precarious operation.