• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wiley X Fingerless Gloves discount?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I teach a ground school glass at Whiting and just about every time as a class they discuss their glove order. Pretty sure that's how they work the whole more than 4 pairs per order.

I also have seen the other brand of gloves once. They did seem much sturdier but I don't remember the manufacturer either. Also, a while back our AMSO(Cookie) said he was working with Wiley X because the quality was so shitty on the gloves and they were going to make some changes. Maybe that's paying off. Will ask him if I see him around.

Thanks. Pooling the order seemed to be cool with Wiley X when I mentioned it. I'll poll my other pilots and see if anyone is interested. I have a feeling they won't be, unfortunately.

croakerfish

pilot
Thanks. Pooling the order seemed to be cool with Wiley X when I mentioned it. I'll poll my other pilots and see if anyone is interested. I have a feeling they won't be, unfortunately.

My Wiley X gloves made it through Primary and half of helo Advanced before falling apart to the point that I was afraid of getting downed, plus they smelled like ass even after washing. I got a set of the Outdoor Research Overlord gloves (http://military.outdoorresearch.com/gov/or-gear/fingerless-overlord-gloves.html) and they are MUCH more robust. The material is a lot thicker and I was afraid they'd be a little too stiff but they broke in nicely. If you register here with a .mil email you get half off. http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/vip

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yikes, for $170 (or even $85), they better be good. That said, thanks for the link. I registered so we'll see what happens. Since it looks like you're still in the HTs, the best I can ask you is how do they work with the KLN-900? Not quite the same as a keyset or track ball, but curious what your take is.

croakerfish

pilot
Yikes, for $170 (or even $85), they better be good. That said, thanks for the link. I registered so we'll see what happens. Since it looks like you're still in the HTs, the best I can ask you is how do they work with the KLN-900? Not quite the same as a keyset or track ball, but curious what your take is.

I haven't had any problems at all with the gloves. Well, except one time a sim instructor stopped training for a good 10 minutes to tell me how I was going to burn my hands off someday.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

I have a pair of the OR gloves and they are sturdy as hell. Lose some tactile feel but solid gloves.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
More than standard issue Nomex or about the same? I can live with standard issue feel.

Stiffer than issue new, broken in they are pretty much the same. I prefer the Wiley x personally as the leather is much thinner but in terms of durability I've worn the OR gloves doing house remodeling stuff and yardwork and they still are holding together great.

jtmedli

pilot
When I checked in last year we were told they were required and I didn't see anyone not wear their gloves.

Well that's awesome. Just circumvent them by wearing the fingerless ones. Once you go wiley X, you can't go back. I have some of the camelbak gloves right now that I converted to fingerless. They're ok for the time being. Probably going to invest in those OR gloves. They look legit.