• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wiley X Fingerless Gloves discount?

Ric

I did a search and couldn't find anything about this topic. I heard that Wiley gives a military discount on their fingerless flight gloves. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, how to get said discount?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
The Wiley X website says they sell to military via the All Services Exchange:

http://www.shopmyexchange.com

Looks like they sell for 50-60% of the price on WileyX.com. I don't see the flight gloves on there, but perhaps you could call the Exchange and get them special ordered.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I'm sure if you talked to your supply guys or PR shops, they'd be more than happy to order you a pai...bahahahahahahahaha I couldn't even finish that lie.

Kinda depends on the front office... I've actually seen some guys get issued them, but that is few and far between. I've also seen a CO with such an aversion to them that he ordered his safety officer to take a sharpie marker and color in the fingertips on that ALSS poster (the poster with the guy wearing all the flight gear). YMMV :rolleyes:

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
We get them through the supply system here when we need replacement gloves...

jtmedli

pilot
Call Wiley X and they'll set up a military account for you. It cuts the price in half. From 90+ $ to about 50$ each.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I'm sure if you talked to your supply guys or PR shops, they'd be more than happy to order you a pai...bahahahahahahahaha I couldn't even finish that lie.

This question has come up numerous times in the VTs. Right now, if you want them from supply- don't be a student, but you're free to purchase them on your own if you are.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
This question has come up numerous times in the VTs. Right now, if you want them from supply- don't be a student, but you're free to purchase them on your own if you are.

Or cut the fingers out of an old pair of desert flight gloves for free...;)

I did hear of some studs getting in trouble for cutting up their issued green ones.

jtmedli

pilot
Or cut the fingers out of an old pair of desert flight gloves for free...;)

I did hear of some studs getting in trouble for cutting up their issued green ones.

I'm not sure what difference the color makes, but I was told that this was forbidden.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
We were issued them from through flight-E. There is some silliness concerning factory cut-off fingers being okay, but if you do it yourself that's a no-go.

Reconjoe

When I asked the wing supply guy about ordering a pair he laughed at me and made me a deal, he told me he'd buy me a pair the day he saw any self respecting winged instructor wearing them on the line....still waiting for my free pair.

phrogpilot73

$55...or maybe 60 at Wings Pensacola.
$69.95 at Wings. $5.95 shipping. Cheapest I've found thus far, green is all he has in stock - and tan are coming in the next ~2 weeks. Our Flight E guys aren't really willing to order them... Won't have to take my gloves off to pull out the iPad/EFB and use it...

Renegade One

None
I heard that Wiley gives a military discount on their fingerless flight gloves.
Cool...if you're happy with losing your fingers in a fire/mishap in your aircraft.
Caveat: This poster modified two things in his life after listening to a severely burned/deformed/ handicapped USAF pilot who was touring Military bases in the late '70's...including NAS Miramar:
(1) I never flew without my flight gloves again, and
(2) I never drove without seat belts again.
Here's hoping none of you ever have to go on the "lecture circuit".