• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wife Question

JenFisher03

My husband should be reporting to TBS in January. I will be teaching in the area. I was wondering how much wives are involved in TBS? Will I miss out on a lot if I am working full time. I really want to meet other wives and learn about the Marines. Any input would be appreciated.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
My wife taught during TBS and while she missed out on some events that came during the workday all of the information sessions take place in the evening so she was able to go. She was able to "get in" with other wives, it just took a little extra work...

After TBS everyone splits all over the place so it will be naturally difficult to keep in touch with everyone...

JenFisher03

Thanks! I appreciate the info. Thats what I was wondering. I realize I may miss out on some stuff. I just wanted to make sure I would be able to go to a few things. That's great that some stuff is at night too. Thank you for your input.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Unpredictable

I've been through two training companies (long story), and my wife had two very different experiences. The biggest factor for the wives is the CO's/XO's wife. A good one will act as a mother-hen and bring all the girls together like a family, and they will become best of friends; a detached one will remain aloof until she suspects that the girls are saying bad things about the Marine Corps, and will then closely monitor and limit their communication. Wherever your spouse network lays in the spectrum, what you put into it is what you'll get out of it.