• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why is the COD tread locked mods???

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

Do we have a women moderator (no offense ladies!)? I didnt see anything too risque. At least not by Navy readyroom standards :D . Just seems kind of "kneejerk" to me.

Anyway my question I was going to ask (on topic) was what does the new prop do as far as performance? I would like to know.

beau

yeah, I should not have graduated preschool with my english.....
and I'm too lazy to proof read......

beau

yeah, I guess the rule is..is that if you are going to bash someone at least dont give them ammo because you are retarded. :)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think someone locked it since it pretty much derailed completely. If you have a new question, post it. God knows we could use some threads actually pertaining to Naval Aviation.

H60Gunr

The issues that caused the replacement of the old four-blade model were not performance related. Rather, it was an issue of the old blade no longer being available for purchase.

DairyCreamer

UInavy said:
Then maybe we shouldn't be so quick to DEMAND (vice suggesting) that everyone use the search function for every single thing they post. If you know of a post that answers their question, post a frickin' link. That takes no longer than posting a smart-a$$ response about what an idiot they are for asking a question thats already been asked. Otherwise, if what you say is true, then the forum dies and just becomes a volume of reference data.

Have a fine Navy day.

Umm, wow... a little touchy here? I really dont think he was demanding anything or making any form of smart-a$$ remark as you claim. Sure, ask him to post a link if he knows something, but ya dont need to rip him a new one for saying something that probably everyone here realizes, especially someone who's been on this board 6 months longer than you. Speaking of that respect thread...

~Nate

beau

H60Gunr said:
The issues that caused the replacement of the old four-blade model were not performance related. Rather, it was an issue of the old blade no longer being available for purchase.

cool.....but why upgrade then....there has to be something better about 8 blades vice four? the only thing I can think of would be maybe better climb and cruise performance.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
UInavy,
I'm in concurrence with your opinion on this subject. While I think there is definitely such thing as a stupid question, and many questions can be answered quickly by searching the forums or by using an internet search engine, this forum would be pretty much useless without members helping each other out. Furthermore, how interesting would it be to read if there were no new posts?

Cheers,
-Paul

DairyCreamer

The point you make, again, is fine. But suggesting that he is demanding anyone do anything, or making a "smart-a$$" remark is quite simply untrue.

Just lookin for some tact...

~Nate

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
beau said:
Anyway my question I was going to ask (on topic) was what does the new prop do as far as performance? I would like to know.

The thread mentioned by beau is good info. The props are more effecient and offers a little more thrust. I couldn't explain why but could be in the design of the blades. The 425 (the engine) in the C-2A is a bit underpowered, especially in a heavy COD. Off a touch-n-go during FCLP's my port engine flamed out at 100' AGL. I was the IP in the right seat, took controls, climbed to 300' while performing my single engine procedures. The temp was 92 degrees and 100% humidity in Pensacola. I was light with an empty COD and 8,000#'s of gas. I had to dump 2000#'s of gas all over the Florida panhandle to get to my climb speed. If I had been in Bahrain, during the summer (120+ degrees and 100% humidity), going to the boat in a 57K COD, I would not have stayed airborne, feathered prop or not. Hopefully the increased thrust will help in this area.

Another huge bonus is the ability to change out single blades without swapping out the entire prop. Prop changes are a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.