• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

why are you an SNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTodd

Oh yeah and the feeling that you get, that your are actualy doing something that matters. Most people are afraid to stick uo for otheres non the less thier country. Hold your heads hi, and be proud.

VFRpilot

First I have to say thank you to the webmaster for hosting this site, and then I have to thank everyone who contributes for making this site what it is.

With that said, here is my first post:

I have always wanted to fly. As far back as I can remember, I have been either around aircraft, studied them, or dreamed of them. One of my earliest memories is getting yelled at for sitting in the cockpit of a Peashooter at a Chino, Ca airshow when I was 5. From then on I have wanted to fly. It wasn't until a few years ago that the Navy started testing PRK, and that is what has led me to apply (I have like 20/400 vision).
As for why I want to be a Naval Aviator...well thats easy...as far as I am concerned, it's the toughest flying out there. Also, I feel it's where a lot of testing and discovery is being made (at Pax river). Like the majority of people on this site (I think), I crave the unknown...the thought that I might get to do something no-one has done before, and then come back and teach fellow pilots about it. I feel I can actually produce new and needed flight knowledge for the Navy, and flight in general.
As for the craft I want to fly...well...the F/A-18C of course (like most others I know). Why,...well, speed, G's, demanding flight profiles, tough flying environments, and Strike Fighter flight test at Pax river.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
The short answer:the adventure, the thrill, the romance, the women (I hope my girlfriend doesn't see this!), and ditto on blowing things up!

The long answer:
I have always wanted to be a Naval Aviator, whether it be for the Navy or Marines. Right now I am leaning towards the Corps, the more learn about the Marines. I have flown airshows in a T-28C, that is a hoot! That really got fire lit and I am working my ass off to get in. I love to fly and naval aviation is the pinnacle of manned flight. However, I got discouraged along the way when I realized that my eyesight would prevent me from flying in the military. So, I became disheartened and let my grades slip in college, because I could not do what I really want to do. Since, I stumbled upon this site, I am fighting to get my GPA up from it's dismal depths and I am going to have PRK this fall. But it has been long hard slog, but still have looong way to go.

What do I want to fly? Jets, but I will be happy with what ever they let me fly!

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
I was 4 years old sitting in coach on an American Airlines 727 enroute to St. Thomas to visit relatives (well, it was for my parents to show off my newborn sister to them, but that's not important). I remember looking out the window and I couldn't believe my eyes, looking down at Terra Firma from way up there. I knew my grandfather flew these planes for a living and right then and there I decided I was going to be a pilot.

As I grew older, I learned how Pa became a pilot during WWII. He told me stories of his early carrier days, and I was in awe and decided I would go Navy as well. So, in 5 weeks I'll follow in his footsteps when I get my wings... then all I have to do is get over 33000 hours over the course of a flying career and I'll have matched him, only 32500+ hours to go!!!
:icon_mi_1

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
The reason I tell people: To rain down hellfire from the skies and propagate death and destruction.

Most people look at me very strangely after that. They then ask why I didn't just join the Air Farce. I want to shoot myself in the face every time I hear that. I respond that the Air Farce doesn't have a single carrier to land on at night.

Remember, I'm not going to die for my country, I'm going to make him die for his.

Who knows, I may get CODs. I'm happy either way.

mizzoufan

squid, this one is for you: what movie? "the object of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the other poor bastard die for his country" I am a pre-med already accepted into med. school, but thinking about the flight route. I would love to fly jets, but flying anything the Navy has is better than 99% of the jobs in the real world. Med. school can wait right?

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
c'mmon dude, patton. here's another good one:

Americans play to win at all times. I wouldn't give a hoot and hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost nor ever lose a war.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Heh! Attributed to a German general after WWII:
""The reason the American military does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American military practices it on a daily basis."

Why choose to fly? Man, a bunch of reasons I guess. I'm an Eagle Scout (all the way up from Tiger Cubs, I was raised in the BSA) and took to heart the duty to God, Country and Others before myself, which lead to the military. Every labor day as a kid I'd go to the Cleveland Airshow with my dad and watch the Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds. Loved planes ever since I was a kid; a highlight of my life was just getting to go on an airliner! My 4th grade teacher made the mistake of letting a book about Joseph McConnell, the highest scoring USAF ace in the Korean War. So I actually wanted to be an Air Force pilot until I saw Top Gun and heard about the whole Navy thing:icon_razz! Plus my dad hates his job and has gotten kicked around in the corporate world for almost as long as I can remember. So I made a vow to myself long ago that I'd never work in a cube farm.

mattwieand

On Seprember 11, 2001 two 110 story buildings almost fell on me and I want to kill every single human being that felt the slightest ping of joy when that happened. I want to rain down hate and discontent on the enemy. If you hate America and our way of life and you are reading this, be very afraid, I am comming for YOU!!!!! :icon_rage

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
I was flying before I was driving cars, solo'd on my 16th birthday, etc etc. But even then, all I wanted was to fly Navy jets. So here I am. They let me fly a wicked cool plane, kill bad guys, and blow **** up. What could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.