• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Who's Applying for the Feb 2017 AMDO board?

Zamora

Just looking to find out who is applying for the AMDO board in February 2017? Where are you located? I'm in Lemoore, CA.

Gabby Lynn

I am thinking about applying to this board. Just have to make sure I qualify ocmpletely and also try to speak to some people in that field and potentially get an interview ! I am located in Everett, WA but currently on deployment. Best of luck to us ! Awaiting results to other boards now so keeping my fingers crossed !!!

Zamora

Awesome, good luck! This is my second time applying, so, let me know if you need help with your package. -AO1

Gabby Lynn

yea its my second time alplying too so fingers and toes crossed over here for the Supply august board that i just put in for ! but once i getck from deployment i am going to start looking into the AMDO field and try to get to talk to someone that can help me more with it and maybe get interviews ! but thanks for your help i will definitely reach out to you soon and keep you posted ! how is the acceptance rate looking for AMDO like how many people did they pick up in the last board that were enlisted and civlian if you know by any chance ?

-HT3

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
yea its my second time alplying too so fingers and toes crossed over here for the Supply august board that i just put in for ! but once i getck from deployment i am going to start looking into the AMDO field and try to get to talk to someone that can help me more with it and maybe get interviews ! but thanks for your help i will definitely reach out to you soon and keep you posted ! how is the acceptance rate looking for AMDO like how many people did they pick up in the last board that were enlisted and civlian if you know by any chance ?

-HT3

AMDO is looking for folks with aviation maintenance experience...

Gabby Lynn

oh okay roger that ! yea i dont have much aviation maintenance experience but i am on flight quaters and deal alot with helos but im not sure if tht it enough......thinking about supply and swo though!

exNavyOffRec

oh okay roger that ! yea i dont have much aviation maintenance experience but i am on flight quaters and deal alot with helos but im not sure if tht it enough......thinking about supply and swo though!

They are looking for those that have experience and certifications in aviation maintenance, as well as aviation maintenance schools.

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
I spent 2 years in O level aviation maintenance. I'm currently in hold at API in Pensacola but its not looking like im going to be able to complete training here and Redesignation is a possiblitiy at this point. My qualifications leaving my last squadron included:

EGRESS SYSTEM CHECKOUT (E-2D)
E-2D AT APPRENTICE
E-2D TROUBLESHOOTER
ELECTRONIC KEY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (EKMS) LOCAL ELEMENT (ISSUING/USING)
EGRESS SYSTEM CHECKOUT (E-2D)
E2D BRAKE RIDR
E-2D GENERAL CORROSION CONTROL
E2 COCKPIT FAM COCKPIT FAMILIARIZATION / ELECTRICAL POWER APPLICATION SYLLABUS (E-2D)
NAMP INDOC
HAZARDOUS COMMUNICATION INDOCTRINATION (E-2/C-2)

as well as dozens of support equipment licenses. I was almost complete with my E2D journeyman and CDI quals before picking up for OCS. what do you think my odds are for successful redesignation into the AMDO community are? or into any community?

youth83

I am looking into the program now and interested of applying. But I think I need to retake my OAR, I only got a 41 but my Division Officers here says that its right at the cut-off line and should apply, as that is only one of the many things that the board looks at.

hewdawg83

I'm going to try and get my package done in time. 14 years avionics experience with the Marine Corps, 4 years I - level and 10 O - level with the MV-22 Osprey. Currently serving as an AE instructor in Pensacola.

exNavyOffRec

I'm going to try and get my package done in time. 14 years avionics experience with the Marine Corps, 4 years I - level and 10 O - level with the MV-22 Osprey. Currently serving as an AE instructor in Pensacola.

You are over the age for Supply, should be good for AMDO and Intel

hewdawg83

The recruiter I've been talking to hasn't said anything about my age being an issue. I guess he was thinking I can do a waiver considering the physical fitness I have to maintain as a Marine is more strenuous than the Navy PRT standard. We'll see. I just took the OAR on friday and will sit down with him on Monday to discuss the details moving forward. Since I'm not in the Navy, I have to work a conditional release from the Marines to attend OCS. With my experience and education history, I am pretty confident in selection as an AMDO. Nothing is for certain with these things though.

exNavyOffRec

The recruiter I've been talking to hasn't said anything about my age being an issue. I guess he was thinking I can do a waiver considering the physical fitness I have to maintain as a Marine is more strenuous than the Navy PRT standard. We'll see. I just took the OAR on friday and will sit down with him on Monday to discuss the details moving forward. Since I'm not in the Navy, I have to work a conditional release from the Marines to attend OCS. With my experience and education history, I am pretty confident in selection as an AMDO. Nothing is for certain with these things though.

AMDO you are good for age, and you seem to have a good background.

The max age for Supply with a waiver is 31, it is 29 without, it doesn't surprise me he didn't say anything, I have seen recruiters submit people for programs they were qualified for often.