• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Who's Applying for the Feb 2017 AMDO board?

hewdawg83

Thanks for the heads up. I may have to do some more research into other programs in case the AMDO application falls through. I hate putting my eggs in one basket and not having a contingency plan to fall back on. Its a military mindset I guess, LOL!

Los_23

I figured it would be like that for pretty much every designator. I appreciate the heads up. I hope my interviews, evals, and lors help my chances if any exist.

exNavyOffRec

I figured it would be like that for pretty much every designator. I appreciate the heads up. I hope my interviews, evals, and lors help my chances if any exist.

Some won't look at a persons application if it list them as 3rd, some will look but historically don't pick those that don't put them number 1, Pilot and NFO are generally pretty open

JORGE

Good luck to all of you! This is my 7th time applying for OCS. Here are my stats
Male, 39yrs (I know I'm old)
AWF1 , FTS, 8 yrs of service
Evals: (Newest to oldest) MP, EP (1 of 4 frockees) , EP (#1 OF 31), EP EP
JSOY 2009 & 2014
BBA 3.1 GPA
MA 3.2 GPA
Avionics and Power Plants CDI
Power Plants LPO
C-40A Crew Chief with 3500+ flight hours
3 AMDO interviews: O-5, O-5, O-4 (all 10's)
LOR: O-6 Wing Commodore
OAR 47
VP FCPOA
DAPA, UPC, ACFL, SAPR, and EAWS Coordinator. All in the last two years.
Secret Clearance

JORGE

PRarce2,
SOY is not a requirement, I've seen people getting selected that had less credentials that me. Have faith, but don't put all your eggs in the same basket. What about the rest of your stats?

exNavyOffRec

Good luck to all of you! This is my 7th time applying for OCS. Here are my stats
Male, 39yrs (I know I'm old)
AWF1 , FTS, 8 yrs of service
Evals: (Newest to oldest) MP, EP (1 of 4 frockees) , EP (#1 OF 31), EP EP
JSOY 2009 & 2014
BBA 3.1 GPA
MA 3.2 GPA
Avionics and Power Plants CDI
Power Plants LPO
C-40A Crew Chief with 3500+ flight hours
3 AMDO interviews: O-5, O-5, O-4 (all 10's)
LOR: O-6 Wing Commodore
OAR 47
VP FCPOA
DAPA, UPC, ACFL, SAPR, and EAWS Coordinator. All in the last two years.
Secret Clearance

Have you thought about LDO? you have some good stuff there but your GPA is probably hindering you.

Female, 30yrs
AT1 , 12 yrs of service
AW/SW/MTS
Evals: (Newest to oldest) EP, MP, P(new command/had just put on 1st a few months prior to eval), EP(1 of 21), EP(4 of 16), MP(#3/first eval at previous command)
JSOY 2013
JSOQx3 JIOQ(instructor)
BA 3.76 GPA
MA (in progress)
Avionics (210), Line(310), and Unmanned Aircraft Vehicle Avionics CDQAR
Phase Coordinator
Detachment LPO at sea
Line Division LPO
3 interviews: O-6 (DESRON Commodore), O-5(AMDO), O-4(AMDO) (all 10's)
LOR: O-5 x2
OAR 47
MOVSM
PFA: all excellents
President of Diversity Committee, President CSADD, President Sea Service Leadership Association (JAX Chapter), VP FCPOA,
ACFL, SAPR, and MWR secretary, CPR instructor, Maintenance department career counselor ( over the last 4 years)
Secret Clearance

Last edited: