• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whoops......

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like Gingrich sank whatever hopes he had for the Republican nomination......

"Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich acknowledged he was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070309/ap_on_go_co/gingrich_affair

That's old news and was circulated vigorously by the press when it was revealed in the 90s. I love Newt, but I don't think he's capable of winning. He's better as an idea man and I would love to see him in one of the prominent staff positions.

Brett

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Little known Gingerich factoid....

The man is a respectable military historian and not a bad author. He wrote a series of books about the Civil War on the counterfactual premise that Lee decided a fighting retreat instead of a frontal assault was the correct decision at Gettysburg. (Basically Longstreet's advice) They are very enjoyable, well researched and well though out.

That said...to quote Brett..."Un-electable...write it down."

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Looks like Gingrich sank whatever hopes he had for the Republican nomination.....
Really, really old news.

I think Newt has a fine, incisive mind and is a great thinker/tactician .... but he's NOT a leader.
That was his problem while Speaker of the House. Guys like Clinton and Co. could eat him for breakfast.

Newt never had a chance for the White House. At least not outside the WA, D.C. cocktail circuit.

Like someone else alluded to, however ... who amongst US on this website could stand up to the media full body cavity in depth personal examination that is politics du jour in modern America???

Birdman

Looks like Gingrich sank whatever hopes he had for the Republican nomination......

"Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich acknowledged he was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070309/ap_on_go_co/gingrich_affair

He was convicted of perjury, not adultery, and it's only illegal in a bible belt state or two(georgia i think?)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's old news and was circulated vigorously by the press when it was revealed in the 90s. I love Newt, but I don't think he's capable of winning. He's better as an idea man and I would love to see him in one of the prominent staff positions.

Brett

Old news that he screwed around, new news that he admitted to it. While no one is an angel, not the least me, it is just a little bit hypocritical to do what he did, when he did it, while he was fooling around.......

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He was convicted of perjury, not adultery, and it's only illegal in a bible belt state or two(georgia i think?)

Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice but acquitted, if that is who you were thinking of.....

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Old news that he screwed around, new news that he admitted to it. While no one is an angel, not the least me, it is just a little bit hypocritical to do what he did, when he did it, while he was fooling around.......

I know even you can't be that naive. There was a political process that had to run its course once the Lewinsky story broke, so the fact that the Speaker happened to be engaged in an extra-marital affair at that time is irrelevant. Whatever your feelings on the whole scandal, the essence of the matter was the perjurious statements made by the president. I, for one, don't have any issue with the fact that Clinton was fvcking around. My problem was that he was reckless enough about it to get caught, and with a fat, disgusting cow to boot. The office-holder has to accept a certain amount of responsibility for the maintenance of the "dignity of the office," and Clinton definitely dropped the ball there, but to equate a fairly pedestrian, private affair to one in which includes shoving cigars into an intern as you decorate her blue dress with Presidential jism, then lying about it under oath, is apples and bananas, my friend.

Brett

snake020

Contributor

Hypocritical is being a politician praising Dateline NBC's "To Catch a Predator" stings while preying upon your paiges.

Back to the main subject though... this is nothing new, but Newt ran out of political capital with the failed impeachment of Clinton and Republican losses in both chambers of Congress.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Newt ran out of political capital with the failed impeachment of Clinton and Republican losses in both chambers of Congress.
To reiterate what Flash has already said, Clinton WAS impeached, but was not convicted by the Senate. May seem like semantics to you, but there is a difference.

A.Kuettel

I, for one, don't have any issue with the fact that Clinton was fvcking around. My problem was that he was reckless enough about it to get caught, and with a fat, disgusting cow to boot.
Brett

Yeah what happened to the marilyn monroe days? ;)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To reiterate what Flash has already said, Clinton WAS impeached, but was not convicted by the Senate. May seem like semantics to you, but there is a difference.

Another pet peeve of mine. People need to pay more attention in civics.

Brett

MasterBates

Yeah what happened to the marilyn monroe days? ;)

The Kennedy clan is not my favorite....

But at least JFK was tagging high end tail when he was the President.

I would whave hoped that President Clinton could have done better.. I mean, he married Senator Clinton, his standards for looks were not that high, but HE WAS THE FREAKING PRESIDENT...

I'm just saying, if I was president, I would be going after Super-Model Class women. Not "Fvck it, I'm in Fallon and Hornly" class women.