• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

who wants to buy some stuff?

Would you be interested in buying site related merchandise?

• Sure, I need some new t-shirts and-or patches

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • No, I have enough gee-dunk in my closet.

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's been talk of offering some Airwarriors gee-dunk stuff. T-shirts, patches, etc. What do you guys think? Would you be interested? Initially, it would most likely be basic t-shirts with the site logo, maybe an embroidered patch also. If there is significant interest, we also talked about doing some new platform specific stuff, given how tired (and often lame) the standard patches can be. Anyway, I'm going to post some polls, to try to gauge general interest.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Before some trigger happy mod locks this thread, zab and I have been discussing this off and on for awhile now. One, since he has some of the funniest damn avatars around, and has that weird sense of humor that we all love, and two, we were planning on making some stuff anyways, and wanted to see if we should open it up for others to join in on. Think we have some initial ideas, and I know the rest of you do too. Just want to see what everyone thinks, if we don't get any response, no big deal, we'll just make some up, and take it to the private aviators forum.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
More interest from me in a patch, less in an Air Warriors T-shirt. (My relatives won't know what Air Warriors is).

High interest in better platform specific patches and T-shirts.

And ... 3 .. 2 .. 1 ... LOCKED.

(Just kidding Web) :)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
zab and I have been discussing this off and on for awhile now...and he has that weird sense of humor that we all love

what the hell is that supposed to mean???

nah i'm messing with you.

Hey guys, if you read/view the thread, do us a favor and vote. We gotta see if there really is any interest here. As of right now I see 37 people have viewed with one vote for Yes.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
yup, i need some more shirts to wear under my flight suit to go along with my Piss on Ebay and Vote for Pedro shirts. Make them funny though!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
Before some trigger happy mod locks this thread, zab and I have been discussing this off and on for awhile now.

Ok, but really, how many threads (polls) do we really need to discuss the same topic?

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think that a lot of us guys who aren't in training/fleet squadrons really don't have much of a vote here. It would be cool if some patches and such were made, but since all I have is civilian clothing at this point, I don't think I'd be buying anything for a while :icon_tong .

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
IT'S 'GEEDUNK' --- no hyphen ....

I have been doing "this" ever since 1965 and would like to point out that YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH "GEEDUNK" (sic) IN YOUR CLOSET !!! And if you ever did ... ?? Well, you just come "out" of the closet -- problem solved.

And WHAT IS "GEEDUNK"?, a worthless, disgusting polywog might ask:

To most sailors the word geedunk means ice cream, candy, potato chips and other assorted snacks, or even the place where they can be purchased, i.e., the Ship's Store. No one, however, knows for certain where the term originated, but here are some plausible theories:

1.) In the 1920's-30's, a "Dagwood"-style comic strip character named Harold Teen
2889_thumb.jpg
and his friends spent a great amount of time at Pop's candy store. The store's owner called it The Geedunk for reasons never explained. (this was explained to me by the Navy's oldest B/N, so I believe this is it ..... )

2.) The Chinese word meaning "a place of idleness" sounds like "gee-dung". ("China Sailors", a.k.a. the Asiatic Fleet, was the source of much Navy lore and trivia)

3.) "Geedunk" is the sound made by an old-time vending machine when it dispenses a soft drink in a cup. (see # 1 above )

Whatever theory we use to explain geedunk's origin, it doesn't alter the fact that Sailors are glad it all got started.

perchul

It should be tee's with some of the funniest and best excerpts from the forum with warriors logo, just don't do the logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.