• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
I know for sure that an E-6 makes way too much

That is not necessarily true. FASFA benefits depend on several factors including number of dependents. I know an E-6 who got PELL grants because his wife didn't work and they had 3 (and then 4) kids. Even if you think you won't qualify, apply anyway. What's the worse they can do? Say no?

ELT(SS)

That is not necessarily true. FASFA benefits depend on several factors including number of dependents. I know an E-6 who got PELL grants because his wife didn't work and they had 3 (and then 4) kids. Even if you think you won't qualify, apply anyway. What's the worse they can do? Say no?
True, and like I said before most loans/school require one anyway to get loans/grants and even scholarships. I wish dogs counted as dependents. That would be sweet

Licarias

BOCOD,
I'll be in the area on Saturday, I fly in early afternoon into Warwick though I'm not exactly sure how long it takes to get from there to Newport. Anyhoot, if it doesn't take to long then I wouldn't mind grabbin one with you.
-Tony

BOCOD

Are you reporting on Saturday or Sunday? Because Monday is apparently a day off are we going to be on lock down when we report or can we go out?

ELT(SS)

Is everybody reporting in the morning or afternoon, I don't think I plan on getting there until afternoon on Sunday.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Drive from T.F. Green to Newport should be between an hour to hour and a half, depending on traffic. Oh, and do watch out for the RI drivers. They can be a bear to deal with sometimes. AND BEWARE THE STATE TROOPERS! They really don't like speeders.

By the way, where do where check in at once we're on the installation? I've been to Newport, but that was only around the Naval War College and I've no idea whereabouts on the base NSI is located.

Also, I think I read somewhere they want us to check in between 0700 - 0900.

Licarias

Wait they want us to check in between 7-9 am sunday morning? I planned on reporting Sunday anyway but I'll need to find a hotel close to the base Saturday night I guess. BTW if i missed some secret place where all this information is contained I am sorry I just got sick of looking all over the place just to find conflicting info.
-Tony

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Also, I think I read somewhere they want us to check in between 0700 - 0900.

Way too many resources. I'm following the info from the docs on the front of the STA-21 website and my orders.

[FONT=&quot]Report to NSI/BOOST no later than midnight prior to the designated Monday at the King Hall Quarter Deck where you will receive further instructions.[/FONT]

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I thought it was printed on our orders to report NLT Saturday morning between 0700 and 0900?

BOCOD

Read your orders and they will tell you if you need to report between 7 and 9. On one of the threads it talks about when reporting on Sunday. The NSI website or something tells you where to report. Read your oders! I just read mine completely the first time the other day and realized I didn't get the PG13 that it says about your PFA. I called my command and they said that NSI normally just looks in PRIMS and writes one, but who knows. What is the worst that can happen? If they kick you out because of that PG13 then something is wrong. But back to something I asked before, who is up for beer on Saturday since we will be sober for a few weeks after reporting?

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
I just read mine completely the first time the other day and realized I didn't get the PG13 that it says about your PFA. I called my command and they said that NSI normally just looks in PRIMS and writes one, but who knows. What is the worst that can happen? If they kick you out because of that PG13 then something is wrong.

This was a major pain for me to deal with too. When I checked out, PSD said that they only do PG13's for PRT failures and that I would have to get my command PRT office to do it. I went to my PRT office, then division admin, then the division office before they told me that I don't need it. This better not come back to bite us...

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Read your orders and they will tell you if you need to report between 7 and 9. On one of the threads it talks about when reporting on Sunday. The NSI website or something tells you where to report. Read your oders! I just read mine completely the first time the other day and realized I didn't get the PG13 that it says about your PFA. I called my command and they said that NSI normally just looks in PRIMS and writes one, but who knows. What is the worst that can happen? If they kick you out because of that PG13 then something is wrong. But back to something I asked before, who is up for beer on Saturday since we will be sober for a few weeks after reporting?

Whatever you do DON'T show up smelling or obviously hungover...

Lightning26

I thought it was printed on our orders to report NLT Saturday morning between 0700 and 0900?

Yes if you are going to Boost then that is when we are supposed to report.

BOOST OPTION: REPORT TO NAVAL EDUCATION AND
TRAINING CENTER, NEWPORT, RI TO REPORT NET 0700 AND NLT 0900,
BASED ON YOUR CLCVN DATE FOR BOOST SCHOOL.

Because our Repot NLT date is the 16th, however the NSI only guys Report NLT date is the 17th and this is what their orders tell them to do.

NSI: REPORT TO NEWPORT RI NLT 0700, BASED ON YOUR CLCVN DATE FOR
8 WEEKS TEMDUINS FFT NROTC.

I hope this clears up any confussion.