• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Is Going To NSI In Feb?

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
For all of those who are offering DD assistance, I will be the first to accept the help. I do plan on having an awesome time when there is time.

I totally hear that. However that being said, I think that all good times had by those even with a DD should be carefully thought out, I'm certain a public intox, bar fight, or drunk and disorderly would be a fast ticket out of NSI as well as a DUI would.

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
I totally hear that. However that being said, I think that all good times had by those even with a DD should be carefully thought out, I'm certain a public intox, bar fight, or drunk and disorderly would be a fast ticket out of NSI as well as a DUI would.
Amen... Don't know about you guys but when I walk pass the NFO's and Pilots on the ship I get butterflies in my stomach. These guys are my NBA/NFL/Superheros. I know I'm getting to fulfill a childhood dream here... Hos/EM1, Goodwin, Amalla, Slover,Myself all guys that used to enjoy having the conversation about one day flying in the Navy on my last ship. All of whom were either selected for Pilot or NFO. I wouldn't ever put not being able to join these guys in the aviation community on the line. Just be careful guys. I'm sure we all had someone that we were cool with that got asmo'd or kicked out and just remember the feeling it gave you.

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
Amen... Don't know about you guys but when I walk pass the NFO's and Pilots on the ship I get butterflies in my stomach. These guys are my NBA/NFL/Superheros. I know I'm getting to fulfill a childhood dream here... Hos/EM1, Goodwin, Amalla, Slover,Myself all guys that used to enjoy having the conversation about one day flying in the Navy on my last ship. All of whom were either selected for Pilot or NFO. I wouldn't ever put not being able to join these guys in the aviation community on the line. Just be careful guys. I'm sure we all had someone that we were cool with that got asmo'd or kicked out and just remember the feeling it gave you.

Totally! We have 3 PXO's at work right now (for those not in the know all aircraft carrier CO's and XO's are aviators, and if they're going to a Nuke carrier they have to come through the Nuke pipeline to qualify first) 2 Pilots and an NFO. These guys are amazing, a little over a year ago a PXO of the Nimitz wrote me a LOR that was smoking and I'm sure had no small bearing on me being picked up. I totally look up to these guys, and I would feel terrible to the Cdr that wrote me a LOR if I screwed it up.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None

hey.. I spoke with Amalla in Charleston in the beginning of November during the Nuclear Recruiting Conference> he was working in Physics in Power school. He had gotten disqual'd right before the very last possible time to go to NSI. He told me he had kidney stones or something like that. He was VERY disappointed to say the least. They had held their decision until it was too late to put in an application for this past year. I hope he puts in for it again this next year and gets it. At least CORE, if he can't get any other aviation.
EM1

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
hey.. I spoke with Amalla in Charleston in the beginning of November during the Nuclear Recruiting Conference> he was working in Physics in Power school. He had gotten disqual'd right before the very last possible time to go to NSI. He told me he had kidney stones or something like that. He was VERY disappointed to say the least. They had held their decision until it was too late to put in an application for this past year. I hope he puts in for it again this next year and gets it. At least CORE, if he can't get any other aviation.
EM1
Man that BLOWS! But I know his character. He'll be back.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
For those of you that are considering living like monks while in NSI and especially BOOST, I have two words for you...not necessary. The DD idea is what is needed. Just have a good time and don't do anything stupid.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
For those of you that are considering living like monks while in NSI and especially BOOST, I have two words for you...not necessary. The DD idea is what is needed. Just have a good time and don't do anything stupid.

Very Smart quote. It is when you start trying to be too good when you get in trouble. Newport, RI is probaly the last place a bar fight would start, unless of course some Yankee's fans come by, j/k.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor

Didn't monks invent beer?

MasterBates

For YOUR safety, Spankmee fans are requested to shut their traps. Wearing the jersey of ANY BoSOX defector to the evil empire is cause for justifiable homicide in New England, save CT west of the CT river.

Also, talking bad about the Pats or Brady, punishable by severe beat down.

Don't say I did not warn you.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Thank goodness that I'm New Hampshire born and breed, and that I'm a die hard Red Sox fan!

How does weekend liberty work? I saw that it says overnights are "on a case by case basis" Since Easter Sunday falls on the 23rd of March....Hmmm, I wonder if I'll be able to get up to NH (2 hour drive) to see the fam-damily.
Anyone have any experience or insight on how the overnights work?

BOCOD

What are you guys doing about PT gear? I don't have the blue shorts or Navy shirt anymore and don't want to go buy them. I was told the new PT gear will be issued in March for us, so why go but the old stuff just to get the new one a few weeks later. I saw in the NSI info sheet it says the first day we will be issued PT gear, but I have also seen we report that monday in PT gear at 0430.

erelislt

What are you guys doing about PT gear? I don't have the blue shorts or Navy shirt anymore and don't want to go buy them. I was told the new PT gear will be issued in March for us, so why go but the old stuff just to get the new one a few weeks later. I saw in the NSI info sheet it says the first day we will be issued PT gear, but I have also seen we report that monday in PT gear at 0430.

Common man, just go buy couple blue shorts and couple Navy t-shirts :) Better be safe than sorry - it's only couple bucks.
At least that's my suggestion.