• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

who is friggin pumped?

motiv8r

If they let you stay after the inventory PFT, you are physically capable of completing OCS, unless you have injuries that are going to get worse (e.g. stress fractures).

People shipping out to Juniors tend to envision it as a really hard preseason or something like that. Let me tell you, the PT is challenging, but at the same time it is the best part of your day. You get to get some motivated exercise without anyone yelling at you, or at least, they're not yelling at you as much. The psychological, rather than the physical side is what makes OCS so tough (of course, they do sometimes play into each other such as during SULE II).

You will get similar anxieties if/when you ship to Seniors; the last week of Juniors all they tell you is how much harder Seniors is going to be, etc., so you go into your second summer still scared of the PT. But again, if you pass the inventory PFT, you are physically capable of completing the course. It certainly behooves you to go down there healthy with a 300 PFT (a little prior acclimatization to humid weather doesn't hurt either), but you don't have to be a PT stud to excel at OCS. In fact, in my Seniors platoon, there was only ONE guy with a 300-flat inventory PFT and he was also the ONLY candidate to DOR. If they let you stay, and you are motivated, and you don't suffer any unfortunate injuries such as falling off the monkey bars (I guess you had to be there), then you will be in a favorable position to succeed at OCS.

get some

Moto

trout330

Cool, thanks Motiv8r. That is definitely another way I hadn't thought to look at it, as if the pt is stress relief and what not. Just under a week, let's get this show on the road!

CTE83

Stress relief? I'd prefer a cup of coffee...but hey, whatever. :icon_mi_1

The best way to avoid stress at OCS when you're playing games and trash like that is to just keep in mind it's going to end-- and that it's not really that bad. There are Marines overseas right now worse off.

Also, keep your sense of humor-- it's a life saver.

You can laugh or you can cry...don't be that cry baby candidate :D

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
i heard between Alpha and Charlie Company 85 Candidates got dropped!!! Alpha started out with 5 Platoons, they had to consolidate the platoons into 4.

Congrats 1st Incers. Srs finished SULE II this week
[/hijack]

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I was trying to get into second increment this summer. I had everything taken care of except for my transcript. One of my teachers did not finish processing our final grades before he went off to india for the summer (i hate engineering). Crappily, I was in the group that didnt get finished. The incomplete scewed up my gpa for the semester since i really got a B in the class and needed it to count. Having that incomplete basically screwed my chances of going. Of course, I would still have had to get selected, but this guaranteed that I wouldn't go. :( Now I have to wait for him to get back this fall to finalize all my stuff. Hopefully I can send my package into the first available selection board after that. It'll have to be OCC instead of PLC this time around. Not sure if thats better or worse!!

Wish I could have gone but best of luck to those going. I'll be rooting for you all!!!

utlonghorn1981

Some yeah i think i am screwed. I managed to get drunk one day and hurt myself while tubing on a river, so i havent been able to work out. On my pre-ship i did 100 crunches, 20 pull-ups and a freaking 23:24 on the run. Is that run time really bad and is the fact that i suck at running going to cause me problems at OCS?? And also do i really need to bring $300 dollars in cash, and also what items should i bring to Quantico.

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
i visited a buddy of mine who's doing the ten week, he had liberty yesterday. he said bring your toiletries and the money, and extra set of civvies, and you'll get the rest there.

five days.
happy fourth, everybody

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
USMC_Candidate said:
Happy 4th

Nothing like celebrating our nations independance by strenghtening the chinese economy!

i buy my fireworks in mexico.

is it me and i'm just noticing it more as we get closer to the 10th, or does anybody else feel like they get asked "when do you go to training / camp / ocs/ whatever else other people refer to it as" about six times a day? ...maybe my family's just getting sick of having me around for the past couple weeks =) i know the grocery bill has sure as hell gone way up.

Ajax

2nd Inc. India Co. 2nd PLT. 2005
Every so often someone thinks I'm enlisting and asks "when do you go to boot camp?"
I try explaining and they look at me with a blank stare, then I give up and say "july 10th"

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
i hope we get recess at OCS!!!!! i guess we could call the O course the play ground?? haha- this is gonna be hard............