• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

WHO DO YOU LIKE for Pres ... ???

Who Do You Like for Democrat Presidential Candidate?

• Christopher Dodd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John Edwards

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • Mike Gravel

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Dennis Kucinich

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Tom Vilsac

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 54 45.4%
  • Bill Richardson

Votes: 25 21.0%

• Total voters

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
The Republicans have imploded. There ARE NO REPUBLICANS anymore, anywhere, anyhow ... not in this galaxy.

As a result, you can ONLY vote for these prospective candidates ... the "announced" Democratic candidates -- semi-mainstream, to date. Your choice (above) is confidential ... :)

I'm curious to see how a "military" audience and/or a "militant-leaning" audience views the one year-out "best guesses" .... or who's YOUR write-in???

Sooooooooooooo .... Who's YOUR Daddy ... ??? Your Mommy ... ???

MasterBates

Of who is running, Bill Richardson.

Not sure on his chances though.

A4s for president would get my vote. Just get the PCness out of the military when you are CIC.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I think a McCain/Lieberman ticket, or a Lieberman/McCain ticket would work.

Or we just place A4s in office. :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While I can't say I'm well read WRT his voting record, of all the Dems, Biden seems like the most sensible and intellectually honest of the group. I can't say I'm super excited about any of the Republican candidates at this juncture either, although I could probably be persuaded towards one of the moderate ones like Giuliani or McCain. I always have liked Newt, but I doubt he'll get into the race.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the early votes and while I appreciate the support, com'on, guys ... A4's sez (with applogies to William Tecumseh Sherman) ...

"If nominated I will not run; if elected I will not serve." :eek:

Just the announced "main-stream" Dem's, please. :)

Bill Richardson seems the most "balanced", to my mind ... plus, he's not a plagiarist. At least not that we know of ... ;)

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Given your guidelines, I would vote for Richardson....but only because I despise the others more. Richardson was chairman of the 2004 DNC (Kerry) and he also lied about being drafted as a pro baseball player.

As far as a write in candidate goes, maybe HHH. :)

Lieberman might not be a bad choice, but, I thought he went Libertarian????

Lawman

None
Honestly the one thing Im really interested in seeing would be the just how dirty or clean this campaign is gonna run. It seems like the last Presidential campaigns and senetorial/congressional elections have gotten really dirty. Combine that with the major increase in independently run adds and you could really drag out some serious skeletons.

Imagine a mudslinging contest between Obama and Clinton, It could get really nasty really quick and it seems like the smarter party would do everything it could to keep a lid on that stuff during the primary process and make it known within the party and outside the view of the public who will stand down from their bid based on what damage it could do.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
While I can't say I'm well read WRT his voting record, of all the Dems, Biden seems like the most sensible and intellectually honest ....
Well, I don't want to burst your bubble, Brother Brett ... but:

From the "Nuts and bolts of college writing" website ... a.k.a. .... nutsandboltsguide.com ... (college writing stuff) re Joe Biden:

".... [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Plagiarism can have catastrophic consequences for one's career as a student and even later on in life—and the higher one's ambition takes one, the higher the stakes. In 1987, for instance, Senator Joe Biden, who was seeking the Democratic presidential nomination, was accused of plagiarizing passages in speeches and interviews from the oratory of a British politician, Neil Kinnock ..."

"....
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]It turned out Biden had also borrowed passages from old campaign speeches by Robert Kennedy and had inflated his academic record. But oratory has a long tradition of borrowing and even "heavy lifting," as speechwriters call it, so Biden stayed alive in the presidential race. The last straw, however, came when it turned out that twenty years earlier Biden had received a failing grade in a law school course for plagiarizing a legal article (he'd given a single footnote while lifting five full pages from the article). Biden said he'd been unaware of the appropriate standards for legal briefs, but the public was unimpressed. His campaign collapsed and he withdrew from the race...."
[/FONT]

Intellectually honest?? Joe Biden??? I think not ... he's just hoping that today, it won't matter with our current "standards". At least, that's my guess ...
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]

[/FONT]

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Sorry to say it (I guess), but Clinton and Obama are unelectable. One's a woman with baggage and the other is a black guy with muslim background with a name that sounds like a terrorist's. Whatever your personal feeling might be on these matters, the American electorate is just not ready for either of them. Write it down.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Intellectually honest?? Joe Biden??? I think not ... he's just hoping that today, it won't matter with our current "standards". At least, that's my guess ...

Even so, the mainstream doesn't care about or even understand things such as those. At any rate, the Republicans would have to nominate Pat Robertson before I voted for a Dem. ;) FWIW, Richardson isn't too bad either, as long as we're picking the lesser of evils.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... Richardson .... lied about being drafted as a pro baseball player....?
slight threadjack/course correction

Amazing ... I did NOT know that about Richardson. Shades of Snort & Skeeterman???

I ran into a guy at the ocean last month at a bar -- quite a rich guy (documented) --- pleasant chit-chat --- who then stated he played @ Notre Dame and was drafted and played for the Raiders .... when I told him some of my classmates went on to play for the Raiders and since it was the same time-frame -- he probably knew them ... he then got real quiet about football, changed the conversation direction and bought us a couple of drinks then exited, stage left ...

I later ran his name down -- surprise: he never played @ Notre Dame nor the Raiders.

Why DO people need that kind of "credibility" so badly ... ???

/slight threadjack/course correction

snake020

Contributor
Why DO people need that kind of "credibility" so badly ... ???

I served under Dick Marcinko in SEAL Teams 2 and 6. Got myself 2 Medals of Honor. I'd like to tell you about the missions I got 'em on, but they are classified super secret. Can't tell you what UDT class I was in because that's secret too and was in a secret location, back before they let people know where they are today. My skills as a warrior were so sought after that John Madden took me in an open tryout and I trained the entire 1984 LA Raiders squad, but we made sure my name wasn't on the payroll so the enemy couldn't find me. Let me know the next time you're at the bar so you can buy me a drink and I can tell you more stories I can't tell you about.