• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Collects what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
E5B said:
I'll let Fly Navy answer the question about the 5.8. Tactical weapons are right up his alley.

Sure that's not a 5.7x28mm? The 5.7x28mm is used in the FN P90 and the FN Five-SeveN.

fn_p90_2.jpg

fn-five7.jpg

You've probably heard of the Five-SeveN, it's been under media assault this year because it and the ammunition has been made available for public release. The media and anti-gunners don't like it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
stevew said:
you know the difference between little boys and big boys..... it's the price of their toys :jump2refe

Benjamin Franklin was a very smart man.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Is the US Military still expressing interest in the 5.7? I read something along those lines a few years ago. That and the 458 SOCOM? (which the inventor generously gave me 2 cartridges for my collection)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
E5B said:
Is the US Military still expressing interest in the 5.7? I read something along those lines a few years ago. That and the 458 SOCOM? (which the inventor generously gave me 2 cartridges for my collection)

I think it's the 6.8mm you're thinking of. I can see absolutely no reason to consider the 5.7x28mm for military use, not in our military. It has no place, except maybe a small niche in spec-ops, but even then, there are better choices.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
That may have been where I got my "7's" and "8's" mixed up. What's the word on the 6.8 or SOCOM?

Yet another reason to have Fly Navys opinion on the topic...to balance out the "white trash hunter" (me) with some tactical weaponry knowledge, which isn't my specialty at all, unless it involves using the CH-53E with 3 50's cals mounted to it!!!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
E5B said:
Yet another reason to have Fly Navys opinion on the topic...to balance out the "white trash hunter" (me) with some tactical weaponry knowledge, which isn't my specialty at all, unless it involves using the CH-53E with 3 50's cals mounted to it!!!

Everything I know I learned from AR15.com ... and studying too :)

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I once had a G.I. Joe set, until I realized if you threw them against the wall really hard they shattered. I also had baseball/basketball cards full sets 84-92, lost those in a flood. So, as a result of all the money I realize I've lost and wasted I no longer collect odd things. However, I do have my hunting guns, but that's not a collection imo, because they get used.

Reactions: E5B

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
fc2spyguy said:
However, I do have my hunting guns, but that's not a collection imo, because they get used.

There are guns you should never fire. Say... Hitler's pistol. It's absolutely one of a kind. Or maybe a Mauser taken off a dead German soldier. You get the idea. Then there are those that should be shot. What's the point of having them if you don't shoot them. Still makes it a collection :)

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Wayward children.

Edit: In more interesting news, regarding the post above, my uncle (who had some large stake in the design of the E-3) has a Luger which was removed from a dead German. My old man has it floating around somewhere now.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
Wayward children.

Edit: In more interesting news, regarding the post above, my uncle (who had some large stake in the design of the E-3) has a Luger which was removed from a dead German. My old man has it floating around somewhere now.

Floating around? Secure that! That's a valuable asset.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
My collection is more along Flying Fortress's. I collect early naval aviation stuff. Right now it is mostly all autographs. Maybe one day it will be a warbird or two.

I haven't the disposable cash to throw around like you high rollers, so I can't start collecting firearms yet. I will, oh yes, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.