• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who’s gonna fly this thing?

HuggyU2

None
As my RAF friend said to me: "We just HAD to birth the RAF on April Fool's Day. Couldn't do it a day before or later?"

Also... the 1st Aero Squadron (now the 1st Recon Squadron) had been in operation for over 5 years before the RAF.

The first American in the US military to shoot down an enemy aircraft was from 1st Aero.

The Brits claim they had the first flying squadrons... even before 1st Aero. However, the "aircraft" in those squadrons were balloons. Really? Ballons?? Balloons don't count.

Pags

Pope of Chili Town
pilot
As my RAF friend said to me: "We just HAD to birth the RAF on April Fool's Day. Couldn't do it a day before or later?"

Also... the 1st Aero Squadron (now the 1st Recon Squadron) had been in operation for over 5 years before the RAF.

The first American in the US military to shoot down an enemy aircraft was from 1st Aero.

The Brits claim they had the first flying squadrons... even before 1st Aero. However, the "aircraft" in those squadrons were balloons. Really? Ballons?? Balloons don't count.
I mean there were a lot of British squadrons (or whatever they called them) in existence before 1918. The RFC was started in 1912 and fought most of WWI before becoming the RAF.