• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiz Quiz

RichardHead

Ok, so I am curious what they actually test for when we are given a whiz quiz. In particular, do they tests for supplements, like creatine, or OTCs that we are not supposed to be taking as aviators?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
RichardHead?

sniff, sniff....

troll.jpg

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stand back...I'll handle this:

trollspray.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
If you're a military aviator (or applicant) and they are substances that should not be taken by an aviator, then it really doesn't matter if they test for them or not. Military aviators are officers and officers have integrity. They don't take prohibited or illegal substances.

If this is a problem for you, then don't apply. We don't want or need you.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If you're a military aviator (or applicant) and they are substances that should not be taken by an aviator, then it really doesn't matter if they test for them or not. Military aviators are officers and officers have integrity. They don't take prohibited or illegal substances.

If this is a problem for you, then don't apply. We don't want or need you.

Well since he's an SNA at NASP, I'm afraid it's too late for that. Treat the piss test like they could test for ANYTHING! That way, you won't be tempted to break the rules. There are plenty of substances (not going to elaborate) that can and can NOT be tested for (not that they even DO test for those things) in a piss test, but why risk it? You're an O. Don't do things you're not supposed to. PERIOD.

UMichfly

pilot
None
You're an O. Don't do things you're not supposed to. PERIOD.

Restated for reinforcement. It shouldn't even be a question. The flight docs will let you know what you can and more what you CAN'T take and that's that. Piss tests shouldn't be necessary at all (although I'm not naive enough to think that our ranks are free of degenerates that try to skirt the system).

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
You know what, the piss test is all a big show. Its not even real. Take whatever you want man.

Problem solved.

RichardHead

clearly what was i thinking? no one ever bends rules, even an over zealous sna who doesn't want to go med down for a being sick when he is not flying and thinks it is something a little advil cold and sinus can heal. i do appreciate the responses

waldo20

everyone takes over the counter stuff (advil, tylenol etc........). Technically by the book there is a limit to how much coffee you can drink (caffine)

going med down in flight school is one thing(ORM), in the fleet its a whole different thing

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
clearly what was i thinking? no one ever bends rules, even an over zealous sna who doesn't want to go med down for a being sick when he is not flying and thinks it is something a little advil cold and sinus can heal. i do appreciate the responses
You are either willing to break the rules or not. If you are, then you need to be prepared to accept the consequences, not try to figure out how you can avoid them.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Just find a cool flight doc and ask. I wondered this same thing (not the piss test but what we are allowed to take) but was more curious about nutritional supp's, believe it or not Gatorade is prohibited because it is considered performance enhancing, but the 2 docs I have dealt with at NASK were the most approachable I've ever met so it made it easier I suppose.