• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiting Freq gouge

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I always taught that around the Pensacola area, at 19, girls were "Barin" children.

I think that makes more sense and is a better aid. But as a stud, I was taught the other way and it just stuck for some reason.

Otto said:
I was spoiled in Corpus (and ESPECIALLY in Las Cruces) where we only had like 2 fields that we'd go to (one in LC).

I'll admit, as an IP, I had the comm card out all the time in Las Cruces, but at Whiting, it's just that much busier (all around, not just radio-wise). Area 2 in LC (I think...the one by White Sands) was about the size of all of Area 2 at Whiting, and that was full of 20-some planes sometimes.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Just a bump for a little assistance...

First of all, what the hell happened to the preset freq's for TW-5? Sheesh, Brewton is no longer a 12 pack of brews? Change sucks.

Two questions:

1) Are the freqs in the FWOP correct for the three area commons? I'm talking about 303.xx, 254.x, 299.x?

2) Is TW-5 still out in Las Cruces? If so, anyone have any gouge they could shoot me for what they're using for area commons?

Appreciate any info.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Just a bump for a little assistance...

First of all, what the hell happened to the preset freq's for TW-5? Sheesh, Brewton is no longer a 12 pack of brews? Change sucks.

Two questions:

1) Are the freqs in the FWOP correct for the three area commons? I'm talking about 303.xx, 254.x, 299.x?

2) Is TW-5 still out in Las Cruces? If so, anyone have any gouge they could shoot me for what they're using for area commons?

Appreciate any info.

Welcome to life under the new FWOP. All the frequencies for the area commons you mentioned are the same... their button #s have changed. Brewton is now 13.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Welcome to life under the new FWOP. All the frequencies for the area commons you mentioned are the same... their button #s have changed. Brewton is now 13.

But Button 13 is supposed to be the unlucky choctaw indians!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor

Thanks. Any idea if Wing 5 is still in LRU?

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
TW5 is still there. My buddy in flight school Facebook'd that he might be having his last flight there today.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
But Button 13 is supposed to be the unlucky choctaw indians!

It's sad that I thought that exact same sentace, word for word, as soon as I read that 13 was now Brewton.

In other news, I just got orders to VT-2 so I guess I should start paying attention to this stuff again.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
TW5 is still there. My buddy in flight school Facebook'd that he might be having his last flight there today.

Thanks. Surprised no one has chimed in w/ a freq. I guess the Applebee's is just THAT awesome...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to use those if we can unbrake our stubborn bird tomorrow.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Actually, no. That would be coming from the wrong direction. I was asking for going to the boneyard. However, I didn't realize it was Sunday today, so no orange and whites clogging up the pattern.

But at the least the bird got fixed.