• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whidbey short term apts/room rental...

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Hey guys...We found a great house in Anacortes...however, we can't move in until the last week of September.

None of this would be a huge deal if I didn't need to report at the end of July.:D

Needless to say, I am looking for a short term studio type apartment, or room to rent and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I have lived in "Extended Stay" hotels, and would be willing to do that again but I'm not sure if there are any in commuting distance to the base.

Thanks!

MasterBates

camper.jpg

31-FKBS.gif

Belle

two babies make a mama insane
Just stay away from the Acorn Motor Inn. Unless you like living in a dump.

The Coachman is nice and pretty close to Ault Field. I'm not sure what kind of long-term rates they have though.

PigzFly

Dont know if you know much about the Whidbey area or not. I actually graduated from Anacortes High School, son of VP-1 CO. We lived just off Rosario Hwy, right by Deception Pass. Its an awesome place. Very good decision on your part to chose to live in Anacortes, as opposed to Oak Harbor. A much nicer community. Can be a bit liberal, but there isnt really any ill will towards those in the Navy.

-One bit of advice, there is a back gate off Hwy 20 on your way to Oak Harbor, from Anacortes. It can save you about 20 minutes of commute time. I dont remember the street name off the top of my head, but I can find out. It is not the easiest thing to find if you dont know where it is. Enjoy your time up there. Hope I get sent back.

Edit: Back gate is off Hwy 20 on Banta Rd.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Dont know if you know much about the Whidbey area or not. I actually graduated from Anacortes High School, son of VP-1 CO. We lived just off Rosario Hwy, right by Deception Pass. Its an awesome place. Very good decision on your part to chose to live in Anacortes, as opposed to Oak Harbor. A much nicer community. Can be a bit liberal, but there isnt really any ill will towards those in the Navy.

-One bit of advice, there is a back gate off Hwy 20 on your way to Oak Harbor, from Anacortes. It can save you about 20 minutes of commute time. I dont remember the street name off the top of my head, but I can find out. It is not the easiest thing to find if you dont know where it is. Enjoy your time up there. Hope I get sent back.

Edit: Back gate is off Hwy 20 on Banta Rd.

Unfortunately, its not open all day. I forget the hours though. It pretty much open during the heavy volume times in the morning and afternoon.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
That Banta gate was never open while I was there..... but I came up from Coupeville.

PA-28III

Pro-Rec SNA with BDCP
Very good decision on your part to chose to live in Anacortes, as opposed to Oak Harbor. A much nicer community. Can be a bit liberal, but there isnt really any ill will towards those in the Navy.

Hey that's my home town you're talking about!

PigzFly

Hey that's my home town you're talking about!

Nothing bad about either. I just know that because Oak Harbor is a Navy town, where for the most part people dont stay for more than a few years, they have trouble passing propositions through the vote. Most will vote NO for things that will increase taxes without them being able to see any turn around in later years. This is part of the reason the schools are better in Anacortes. Oak Harbor is not a bad place, it just felt that the other side of the bridge was more of a community. It has more of a small town feel. But we used to hang out in OA all the time.

I worked at Island Grille (before it went out of business) in Oak Harbor. The Oyster Run was always a good weekend. I actually got to meet Jessey James.

MiG15

pilot
None
One guy in our squadron lived in the BOQ for a while waiting for his house. I think it's only about $10-$15 a night. You do have to re-check-in every week though.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
One guy in our squadron lived in the BOQ for a while waiting for his house. I think it's only about $10-$15 a night. You do have to re-check-in every week though.

Wow...10 or 15 a night would clinch it. I probably ought to just call them...I could pay for galley meals and relive my days in the BEQ.:D:)

I was also looking at the Town Cottages on M Ave in Anacortes. I haven't been able to get ahold of them for a rate yet, but they look great. Any experience?

MiG15

pilot
None
Sorry, I'm not familiar with those apartments. I split my time between Mt. Vernon and Oak Harbor. I would seriously consider the BOQ if it's only a month. It's decent, cheap, close to work. I don't think I would do much longer than that.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow...10 or 15 a night would clinch it. I probably ought to just call them...I could pay for galley meals and relive my days in the BEQ.:D:)

I was also looking at the Town Cottages on M Ave in Anacortes. I haven't been able to get ahold of them for a rate yet, but they look great. Any experience?

I'm betting it's more like 25-30 bucks per night.

Brett