• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whidbey guys

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Toby's, worse service ever, best cheesburgers ever. Redhook on tap. I was always torn. Sailed down there a lot when I had a SanJuan 24' at the Navy Marina.

I always had great service there. And, as A4s said, GREAT food and beer. I love the place. There's also a restaurant/microbrewery in Anacortes (Anacortes Brewing Co. maybe? I can't remember) that has amazing beer - I recall the amber and IPA being particularly fantastic.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Most of our O's headed straight for the border on Friday afternoons and didn't return until Monday morning. There is this little place called Vancouver or something? I've never heard of it either.:D

If you are forced to stay local for a weekend DFW and you are looking for a place to eat, the only show in town for a nice meal in is Frazier's. It's amazing! Get the Filet. You will not be disappointed.

I spent >90% of my paycheck in Vancouver when I was an underage junior E living in the barracks. :)

smustang51

I think the place armada is talking about in Anacortes is called the Rockfish Grill, at least that's the only place that I've been to around that town that brews its own stuff. There's also another really good microbrewery/restaurant in Mt. Vernon which is about 20 miles or so away. I've never been to Toby's Tavern simply because I've always been underage up until now and my Dad has always said that it's amazing. Maybe I'll start there.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
There's also another really good microbrewery/restaurant in Mt. Vernon which is about 20 miles or so away. I've never been to Toby's Tavern simply because I've always been underage up until now and my Dad has always said that it's amazing. Maybe I'll start there.

It's called the Skagit River Brewery and your Dad was right, it is amazing. Try the ribs and coleslaw, you wont regret it.
http://www.skagitbrew.com/

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
For perhaps the best meal on the entire island go to a little tiny place in Coupeville called The Oyster Catcher. Some of the finest food I have ever had (and yes, I have spent time in France, Italy and many other countries known for the culinary delights) and great service. You'll pay a fair amount for it.

This is, BTW, the kind of place you take your wife for an anniversary or a date who you fully expect to seal the deal with. This isn't a place to go get drunk and carouse. See above posts for those places :)

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I think the place armada is talking about in Anacortes is called the Rockfish Grill, at least that's the only place that I've been to around that town that brews its own stuff.

Yep, that's the one. I think the growler I have from there says Anacortes Brewing or something like that, I'm not sure.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most of our O's headed straight for the border on Friday afternoons and didn't return until Monday morning. There is this little place called Vancouver or something? I've never heard of it either.:D

I have, the women are nice too! ;)

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I always had great service there. And, as A4s said, GREAT food and beer. I love the place. There's also a restaurant/microbrewery in Anacortes (Anacortes Brewing Co. maybe? I can't remember) that has amazing beer - I recall the amber and IPA being particularly fantastic.

I'll freely admit I've not been to Toby's in over ten years so that may be the case. Anacortes brewings was Anacortes brewpub when I was last there and used to bum good yeast off of Paul for homebrewing when I lived up there. Don't know if he still is but Paul was one of the sim instructors and the only ECMO I know to have spent time in a Greek prison. :eek:

I miss the Pac NW often and may go back up for the KH decom just to stock up on it's goodness. Take advantage of it while you can.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll freely admit I've not been to Toby's in over ten years so that may be the case. Anacortes brewings was Anacortes brewpub when I was last there and used to bum good yeast off of Paul for homebrewing when I lived up there. Don't know if he still is but Paul was one of the sim instructors and the only ECMO I know to have spent time in a Greek prison. :eek:

I miss the Pac NW often and may go back up for the KH decom just to stock up on it's goodness. Take advantage of it while you can.

I honestly thought it was a Turkish one, no joke.