• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whidbey guys

smustang51

I don't know how much free time any of you guys/gals have up at Whidbey, but I'm staying right next to the base up there and was wonderin' if anyone knew of any good bars to go to and if anyone wanted to join me sometime to shoot the breeze. I was supposed to be heading to OCS on the 21st of June, but for some inexplicable reason, they changed my date to the 3rd of August so I have nothing but time on my hands for the summer. If anyone is up for it, PM me.

Flugelman

Contributor
^^^^^^^
Oak Harbor Tavern!

Of course, the last time I was in there was in '69, so it may have changed a little...:D

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Brown Lantern is supposed to be the spot...

(Scoob is pumped that its in stumbling distance from his soon to be house.):icon_smil:icon_drin

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Flyers, in OH, great food, great beer. The Brown is the main place O's go, but I've never been a huge fan.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Brown Lantern=O'Club North.

Not saying it is negative or positive, just something to know going into it.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Oh (man, I am turning into the double post king), and for good bars if you are single you have 3 good options:

Bellingham
Seattle
Vancouver

PM and I can give you enlightnement no any of the three. If you trust my judgement.
Big if. Afterall, this IS the internet.

amoore47

smustang,
Looks like you and I are headed to the same OCS class. I don't know about Whidbey, but I'm currently in Seattle, and there's usually plenty to do here. Are you driving or flying out?

smustang51

I'm already in Seattle right now, or Whidbey at least, but I guess your talking about OCS, if so I'm actually planning on driving. I've heard so many people say that they regret they didn't bring a car or the inverse that they were so glad they did. So, I guess that's my plan as of right now.

amoore47

Same here. If you haven't already done so, you might want to check out the 03 August OCS class discussion on usnavyocs.com. There's a lot of us that have already connected through that.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Toby's Tavern -- Coupeville. Wednesday nights -- chowder and good, cold beer. Mixture of Navy and locals. And the original "cheeseburger in Paradise (?)" :)

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I'll second Toby's.... ask for Cindy "Murph"... to serve you guys. The mussells are famous, but they have the best fried halibut around...and big portions too.

Attachments

• WhidbeyFeb07 019_800x600.jpg
    WhidbeyFeb07 019_800x600.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 73

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Keep 'em rolling gents...I have my notebook out. Mmmmmm mussells and pale ale...:tongue2_1

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Toby's Tavern -- Coupeville. Wednesday nights -- chowder and good, cold beer. Mixture of Navy and locals. And the original "cheeseburger in Paradise (?)" :)

Toby's, worse service ever, best cheesburgers ever. Redhook on tap. I was always torn. Sailed down there a lot when I had a SanJuan 24' at the Navy Marina.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Toby's, worse service ever....
I never promised you a rose garden ... :D It helps if you are a "regular" -- but not too much.

Still -- the chowder, burgers, muscles, fish & chips, cold beer -- it's worth it.

MiG15

pilot
None
Most of our O's headed straight for the border on Friday afternoons and didn't return until Monday morning. There is this little place called Vancouver or something? I've never heard of it either.:D

If you are forced to stay local for a weekend DFW and you are looking for a place to eat, the only show in town for a nice meal in is Frazier's. It's amazing! Get the Filet. You will not be disappointed.