• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

OscarMyers

None
I'd suspect Tourneau at Pentagon City Mall in Arlington would have them but same driving time more or less. But Joma Shop is a solid and reputable online retailer for new (and I think pre-owned) Swiss timepieces.

From what I understand Jomashop is a grey market dealer and Isn't an Authorized dealer of Omega, which can cause some manufacturer warranty issues. Looks like they provide their own warrant. I'll have to do some more research to see if any price difference is worth it.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Tourneau has a reputation of full price and crappy service nationwide among watch people. Not their favorite dealer. Every time I've entered the one in Waikiki I've felt like I was in a Moroccan market...."you want watch, but watch, best price"

Jomashop for the most part is not an authorized dealer for most (or any) brands). They sell grey market watches. Good luck getting the warranty honored by the actual brands. Jomashop has a service center where they will fix the watch under warranty, but many times it will not be with genuine parts as the watch brands limit access to authorized dealers. That tanks the value of your watch to nothing. Steer clear of grey market dealers for any new watch purchase. Used watches out of their warranty - sure.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Tourneau has a reputation of full price and crappy service nationwide among watch people. Not their favorite dealer. Every time I've entered the one in Waikiki I've felt like I was in a Moroccan market...."you want watch, but watch, best price"

Jomashop for the most part is not an authorized dealer for most (or any) brands). They sell grey market watches. Good luck getting the warranty honored by the actual brands. Jomashop has a service center where they will fix the watch under warranty, but many times it will not be with genuine parts as the watch brands limit access to authorized dealers. That tanks the value of your watch to nothing. Steer clear of grey market dealers for any new watch purchase. Used watches out of their warranty - sure.
I'll agree with HAL on this wrt tourneau and the risks of grey market dealers. That said, sometimes Jomashop and other grey dealers have good deals on "last year's model." Also, you have to ask yourself if the warranty is worth it to you. Probably worthwhile for a Rolex or similar high dollar watch but my personal take is that the value of a warranty goes down with the price. Mrs. Pags and I got some matchy matchy Oris watches a few months ago from Jomashop. The price delta between them and ADs was huge for what were, in the grand scheme of things, inexpensive watches. I could've bought my watch twice from jomashop for the AD price. Like I said, I wouldn't do it for a Rolex or somesuch but feel fine doing it for my latest purchase.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
The first (of hopefully many) Breitling in my collection. Aerospace Evo Night Mission.View attachment 27005
Congratulations regarding the Breitling Aerospace Evo Night Mission watch. ?

My USAF issued mechanical Breitling navigation watch [circa 1952] says “howdy”...it’s not nearly as accurate as your Aerospace Evo Night Mission but I’ve been able to regulate it to about +2 seconds per 24 hours...

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Mad Dog, how have you not posted a picture of Doug Hurley's X-33 since his return? It appears prominently in his interviews and also in the various in-space videos.

We give you one job here...
Ummm...I couldn’t locate any pics of Doug Hurley’s X-33...BUT I did locate a pic of mad dog pretending to be a Hooters bouncer...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
In addition to his X-33, you fo see Doug sporting a smartwatch of some kind - fit bit?

Also noting Bob is not too cool for the issued HGU-4/p sunglasses!

Finally, worth noting that the crew was recovered by one Air Center's EC225's - what a cool job that would be flying Super Puma's on recovery missions off Florida Coast. Company is full of former Navy helo dudes)

Last edited:

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Right or wrong, Pumas scare me.

Looks like they're "accepting resumes," but with no actual job listings. Sounds like the rest of the industry right now...slow and lots of applicants.
Having a rotor head seperate in flight isnt exactly confidence boosting, I hear you!

Thats what allowed these guys to pick up these near new airframes for a bargain basement price.