• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Engine break in fun on Speedy Tuesday Eve....

Plugging holes in the sky - ever the FCF pilot. Directional gyro is AFU hence covered up - old school wet compass action.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Hammy Niner Fife Zero railroad machine for usher duty at the Palm Sunday service.

NOTE: Original box with matching movement numbers and case numbers as well as original mitt pictured below.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Beloved Seiko 6309-7049 automatic for today...which was purchased new at the NASWF NEX in 1987 while an SNA in VT-2...

...and for the record, “mad dog’s Apple Pencil Bezel Insert Restoration Shop” is now open for business...

GroundPounder

Is that [watch] an Omega Seamaster 300M?

It is in fact. I bought it at a jewelry store that I worked a security detail. They had dropped Omega, a few years prior, and happened to find the watch in a safe behind a bunch of Rolex products. New, int the box for 840.00 out the door. Pretty good day for me.

It's the same store that I could have bought about a year old Rolex Submariner for 1000.00 in 1990. At the time, I was single and making 17,200 a year. It would have been a stretch, but I could have done it with minimal pain. Made the mistake, and didn't get it. Maybe when my son is out of school, I will get one.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
It is in fact. I bought it at a jewelry store that I worked a security detail. They had dropped Omega, a few years prior, and happened to find the watch in a safe behind a bunch of Rolex products. New, int the box for 840.00 out the door. Pretty good day for me.

It's the same store that I could have bought about a year old Rolex Submariner for 1000.00 in 1990. At the time, I was single and making 17,200 a year. It would have been a stretch, but I could have done it with minimal pain. Made the mistake, and didn't get it. Maybe when my son is out of school, I will get one.
That Seamaster is iconic. Smart move and it will wear well for decades to come!

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
It’s my 55th birthday today...so I’m wearing my grail watch [a modern Speedy Gonzales Moonwatch on an Omega Barenia leather NATO]...and if I want to, I’ll go to Dunkin’ Donuts, Hooters and Waffle House. ??