• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Phlieger Phriday...Swiss made 17j ETA 6497-1 manual wind movement...it took me three days to disassemble/reassemble and clean/oil/adjust the movement...which was heavily supervised by three AWCI watchmakers.

File pics...

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
@JHoward ...there’s a good article at Fratellowatches regarding the Seiko 7002...I don’t know how to operate the link gizmo but here’s the header to the article...

BarryD

Contributor
Goes nicely with the 4 dollar strap from the NEX that I just put on so it actually fits properly under my SDB shirt.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
View attachment 20996

On behalf of AIRMMCPORET....

Its seen some abuse but it's still ticking.

Sweet...simply bomb proof! Also, it looks like your 6309 is on it’s original Seiko GL831 strap...which looks like it’s starting to crack. I would highly recommend the purchase of a Seiko DAL1BP replacement strap so as to prevent your vintage 6309 from hitting the deck if [when] the GL831 fails. The DAL1BP strap is almost dead nuts on in appearance/performance to the vintage GL831 strap.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
That’s vintage F-14 patina on it.?

I didn’t sit in the cockpit looking cool, I was scrubbing, and polishing those seat so they worked when the aircrew decided they couldn’t fly Grumman, and Martin Baker was the next best thing to fly.?

That is some great provenance...and should be recorded and put away for safe keeping...along with any other original items that went with the 6309 [original strap, original boxes and original receipts...as well as any service history the 6309 may have gone through]. The 6309s...as well as other vintage and neo-vintage Seiko divers...are very collectible and are gaining value...not to mention that they are very well built and reliable watches for the money.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
View attachment 20997

Sweet...simply bomb proof! Also, it looks like your 6309 is on it’s original Seiko GL831 strap...which looks like it’s starting to crack. I would highly recommend the purchase of a Seiko DAL1BP replacement strap so as to prevent your vintage 6309 from hitting the deck if [when] the GL831 fails. The DAL1BP strap is almost dead nuts on in appearance/performance to the vintage GL831 strap.

The strap in the picture isn't the original, during my wear its probably the 2nd or 3rd replacement. I recently had the original owner dig it out of my stuff after I hadn't worn it in probably 10 years or so. Before that it was his. Who knows what it went though during those years?

I was looking for a strap that has a little more adjustment as my wrist seems to be just in the middle of 2 holes. For about the last month I was getting used to it again as this SNA didn't want to fork out the money for a new timepiece and needed one again.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
R
The strap in the picture isn't the original, during my wear its probably the 2nd or 3rd replacement. I recently had the original owner dig it out of my stuff after I hadn't worn it in probably 10 years or so. Before that it was his. Who knows what it went though during those years?

I was looking for a strap that has a little more adjustment as my wrist seems to be just in the middle of 2 holes. For about the last month I was getting used to it again as this SNA didn't want to fork out the money for a new timepiece and needed one again.
Royer.

Also, do you know when the 6309 was last serviced? A servicing for a mechanical [automatic] is good for about 5 years since the oils dry up over time and the seals/gaskets degrade. Anyway, I didn’t have my 6309 [pictured previously in this thread a semi-ridiculous number of times] serviced until about the 30 year mark...BIG MISTAKE...some parts had to be replaced due to corrosion due to moisture intrusion. I would highly recommend a servicing by a reputable watchmaker if you don’t know the service history or it’s been over 5 years since the last servicing...should be around $200.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
R

Royer.

Also, do you know when the 6309 was last serviced? A servicing for a mechanical [automatic] is good for about 5 years since the oils dry up over time and the seals/gaskets degrade. Anyway, I didn’t have my 6309 [pictured previously in this thread a semi-ridiculous number of times] serviced until about the 30 year mark...BIG MISTAKE...some parts had to be replaced due to corrosion due to moisture intrusion. I would highly recommend a servicing by a reputable watchmaker if you don’t know the service history or it’s been over 5 years since the last servicing...should be around $200.

I look into that, know any good places in Pensacola?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I look into that, know any good places in Pensacola?
Royer...I don’t know of any reputable watchmakers in Pensacola but a local reputable watch/jewelry vendor may be able to steer you to one in Pensacola. Just a heads up...a watch/jewelry vendor probably has a specific watchmaker that they send watches to for service/repair...often, that watchmaker is NOT local and may be located in another state.