• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I washed all my nylon straps - inluding the two OEM straps in the presi box as well as my NATO straps - just tossed them in a load of regular laundry - made a huge improvement and got them super clean!

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
That's what I was talking about when I mentioned ADF. If you have good yardstick, you say something useless requiring a response from your wingman on aux, then flip the switch, and you get an azimuth swing of the ADF circle/spermy on the HSI/SA page compass rose outer ring, and then reference the range from yardstick. Used it all the time in the RAG (no MIDS) and even a while after I was the FNG, before I could reliably get into MIDS :)

edit: new Charlie cones out there, don't do this if deconfliction is in question.....crushing your aux freq with static when you should be talking about altitudes and talking eyes back on is really bad.....im just talking about when you are like 5 miles apart and diverging, trying to get the band back together. I don't want to see my username in an SIR k?
Tried something similar in the 60B as a way to track down the source of chatter on Maritime Freqs.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
I washed all my nylon straps - inluding the two OEM straps in the presi box as well as my NATO straps - just tossed them in a load of regular laundry - made a huge improvement and got them super clean!
DOH! :eek:

I hope you used a dimethyl acetate neutralizer as an additive to the laundry detergent to prevent the nylon straps from breaking down...about 98% of the laundry detergents on the market will break down that grade of nylon...similar to an uber-hyperactive kid (who just ate a whole box of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs) breaking down your recently assembled LEGO NASA Apollo Saturn V set.

View attachment 17936

Just kidding, candidate. :D

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
For today, wearing my Longines Hour Angle re-edition that I purchased new from a Longines AD in 1996...

IMG_9337.JPG

IMG_9339.JPG

IMG_9340.JPG

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
So, at this point, 52 pages and now 777 posts later, can we say we've answered this [remarkably unthreadjacked] thread's question?