• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
Stumbled on a microbrand pilot based on the 8 day. Interesting story/thread over at watchuseek on its genesis. Bit high for a quartz but dig on the look/legibility.. My Bremont P-3 edition just arrived to join my long loved speedy but this has my eye. Thoughts?F02C392E-5B95-46E7-BC17-DE4E68E61D71.jpeg DCE9D28B-EB35-494B-893B-484D4DDBF3B6.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Stumbled on a microbrand pilot based on the 8 day. Interesting story/thread over at watchuseek on its genesis. Bit high for a quartz but dig on the look/legibility.. My Bremont P-3 edition just arrived to join my long loved speedy but this has my eye. Thoughts?View attachment 17849 View attachment 17850
The "PILOT WATCH" thing on the dial is a downer [imho]...other than that, it's a pretty good looking watch.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Stumbled on a microbrand pilot based on the 8 day. Interesting story/thread over at watchuseek on its genesis. Bit high for a quartz but dig on the look/legibility.. My Bremont P-3 edition just arrived to join my long loved speedy but this has my eye. Thoughts?View attachment 17849 View attachment 17850
I like the look. Curious as to the price. But quartz? Should be hand wound via a big dial on the bottom. Didn't notice "pilot watch" until MD pointed it out but I don't see that as a deal breaker.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I found the article on Worn & Wound.

Pre-order price is 793 Euro, or about $940 at today's exchange rate.

To be honest, "PILOT WATCH" kind of ruins the look for me. I like it except for that. Quartz movement is a bit of a surprise, but evidently there wasn't a mechanical wrist movement to fill that niche (e.g. central chronograph seconds and minutes, plus two-hand clock). I personally wouldn't buy it as-is, but the vintage pilot watch look seems to be in vogue right now. I doubt he'll have any problem selling them.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
A little more sterile...

IMG_2152_1024x1024.jpg

Pags

N/A
pilot

To be honest, "PILOT WATCH" kind of ruins the look for me. I like it except for that. Quartz movement is a bit of a surprise, but evidently there wasn't a mechanical wrist movement to fill that niche (e.g. central chronograph seconds and minutes, plus two-hand clock). I personally wouldn't buy it as-is, but the vintage pilot watch look seems to be in vogue right now. I doubt he'll have any problem selling them.
$940 for a quartz? No thanks; I could get that orange Seiko samurai or the bronze steinhart diver I’ve had my eye on for a lot less.

Pags

N/A
pilot

Thanks, I enjoyed the article. Interesting that he basically made it for himself. I also like the packaging. Maybe if the dollar to euro exchange rate moves in my favor...or if he’ll give me the paisan price.