• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
You ride the Monkey to an Omega shop to buy a luxury watch?
Yeppers…AND I couldn’t find a parking spot [in downtown Cincinnati] so I parked the Monkey on the sidewalk in front of the Omega AD…good times!

LATE ENTRY: The Honda Monkey is a luxury mini bike.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Maiden flight for my 3861 today…an airline pilot buddy took me up in one of his two Pitts [the yellow and black one]…we did some stuff…I did NOT talk on the big white phone…but I did feel a little craptastic…

533766A9-8540-472E-B547-52438B42CEFF.jpeg

“Hundreds and fifties…watches and titties”…

F75CBFFF-D938-40B3-834A-02A5ECC3318D.jpeg

2C7B9A4B-91BF-4308-BFFE-524321657509.jpeg

Inverted…

6FAF7879-DF4F-4B22-8B99-273A2D91C9F0.jpeg

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Step 1 of getting into a S2B (for those of us over 6' tall) is figuring out where you intend to create a new set of joints in order to fold yourself in there.
Dude…I’m 5’10” - 5’11” and had a REALLY difficult time…can’t imagine someone over 6’.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
While @mad dog was getting his PA in the S2B, I was at the same airport (40I, Waynesville/Red Stewart) in the work airplane getting my quarterly continuity training in - short field, soft field, simulated forced landing to touchdown (spiral down and from pattern) and instrument approach back to I68. With the rest of the afternoon free - decided the plane could use a good wash - I think we called it a 7/14 Day in my squadron days. Anyways, my arms are sore from working the wash rack.

Belly needed serious cleaning and the old GA trick of WD-40 to dissolve the carbon/oil + GoJo hand cleaner did the trick to restore the shine.

1652362548169.png

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
@mad dog when is your PA Solo in the Pitts? Since you never got a form solo maybe we can knock that out as well?
I already had my PA solos back in 1987 in VT-2…so I probably won’t be doing any more PA solos…and definitely no form solo(s), dude.