• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which Ride?

JustAGuy

pilot
If you want to get into deep culture territorial I'll throw in U96 and the less known MDFMK.

Branching out from Germany we can get some Nittzerebb, Front 242 (And subsequent Revolting Cocks) , Sister Machine Gun, Lords of Acid and Ministry

number9

Contributor
If you want to get into deep culture territorial I'll throw in U96 and the less known MDFMK.

Branching out from Germany we can get some Nittzerebb, Front 242 (And subsequent Revolting Cocks) , Sister Machine Gun, Lords of Acid and Ministry
I have some MDFMK albums, I'm pretty sure, but haven't heard any U96 or Nittzerebb. I think I've got some Front 242 kicking around as well? Was a bit of a Ministry fan back in the day too.

Pags

N/A
pilot

Who doesn't like an industrial cover of Rod Stewart's "do ya think I'm sexy?"

And ministry was a personal favorite. To keep with this thread, did Jesus build your hotrod?

number9

Contributor
I don't know why but I initially misread Sister Machine Gun as Sisters of Mercy, who are (also) very good.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just priced out a new Jeep JL Rubicon, $82K. GTFO of here with that price. As an old school Jeep guy (YJ) I'd rather spend that on a slightly used Ford Raptor. More utility and more off-road capability.
Did you pick the Hemi engine option, because I don’t see how you get to that price otherwise.
Most JL Rubicon ULs are at the 50-60K price point.

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Over $75K for a jeep? Wow!

If I were to get back into the off-road game I'd rather just get an old Dodge M37B and upgrade the guts with a new engine, transmission and such, slap on a nice paint job, and still be able to go almost anywhere with about $60K in my pocket for beer money!

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Did you pick the Hemi engine option, because I don’t see how you get to that price otherwise.
Most JL Rubicon ULs are at the 50-60K price point.

It was the Rubicon I was building, starting price $74k, because that would be my ultimate end goal vehicle anyway. Options, even basic ones, take it north of $80k real quick.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
392 Hemi, which is standard on the Rubicon.
View attachment 32165
No it’s not. The Jeep site is still a bit janky. The standard engine is still the 3.6 v6. The Hemi is actually a new option from Chrysler, which has been available as an aftermaket mod for a while. It will add about 20K to the price. It’s also way more engine than that vehicle needs.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
No it’s not. The Jeep site is still a bit janky. The standard engine is still the 3.6 v6. The Hemi is actually a new option from Chrysler, which has been available as an aftermaket mod for a while. It will add about 20K to the price. It’s also way more engine than that vehicle needs.

I think we were talking past each other. I didn't see the "base" Rubicon on the Jeep site. There is a "Rubicon 392" which has a 392 Hemi as standard. There is also a "Rubicon" which gives you 4 engine options, but didn't see the Hemi listed because, I assume, they already have the Rubicon 392 option. The base Rubicon does have a turbo diesel option, that would be so nice with 442 lb-ft of torque! That option priced out to $62K, still too rich for a Jeep.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
That picture would be better if you had the "perp-cage" in place.
True.

Also, I wanted to get a “perp-cage” upfitted after I purchased my 2007 Ford Police Interceptor new in 2007…I thought it would be cool to haul our kid units around with the “perp-cage”…maybe do an occasional “waffling” when they’d get rowdy…the wife unit said no joy. ?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
True.

Also, I wanted to get a “perp-cage” upfitted after I purchased my 2007 Ford Police Interceptor new in 2007…I thought it would be cool to haul our kid units around with the “perp-cage”…maybe do an occasional “waffling” when they’d get rowdy…the wife unit said no joy. ?
Between the watches, skateboards, and little scooter Mrs Mad Dog has earned a lot of grace in this conversation.