• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where to live?

JenFisher03

Does anyone have any suggestions on good places to live for married guys at TBS? I heard a lot of people live in Stafford. Is this true? If so, where should we look? My husband isn;t supposed to go to TBS until January, but I may have to move there early to start a teaching job. I wanted to start looking for places to live where a lot of other TBS people live too. Thanks for the help!!

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Me and my girl lived at "The Point at Stafford" although I probably spent about 30% of my time there and 70% in the BOQ. The apartment complex and apartment itself was GREAT. And the people who worked there were great as well. About a 5-10 min drive from the TBS Main Gate. Would highly recommend it.

Peace,

-Spin

Mel920

Great info. My husband and I are also moving to the area around the January - February timeframe. This is one of the places we've been looking at; he likes the location and it seems to be one of the few places that will accept our lab. Glad to hear good reviews on the place.

I was looking on rentnet.com and saw that they offer military discounts, did you take advantage of this? If so, how good was the discount? On the downside, I saw on apartmentratings.com that people had to pay extra to break a lease even with the military clause. We have used a military clause once before and I don't remember having to pay anything extra. Have you heard about this happening?

Thanks!

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Me and my wife lived at Aquia Terrace in Stafford. We really liked it. I carpooled every day with another Marine who lived in Villages of Aquia right next door. He liked it there too. Its like 10 minutes out the back gate off of hwy 1

phrogpilot73

I was one of those single guys that went through while they were renovating the Q... So we were allowed to live out in town. Check out "Villages of Aquia", very close to the back gate of Camp Barrett, and walking distance to a Food Lion, Post Office, etc... Made it very conveinent for beer runs (didn't have to be sober!)

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I would say check out www.apartmentratings.com could have helped me if I had then I would have known about the place I ended up at...

"it's not easy getting your deposit back, hmmmm something fishy going on with the managment I'd say. "

What a hole...

phrogpilot73

jamnww said:
I would say check out www.apartmentratings.com could have helped me if I had then I would have known about the place I ended up at...

"it's not easy getting your deposit back, hmmmm something fishy going on with the managment I'd say. "

What a hole...

Hmmm... Maybe I did live in a $hithole after all... It was brand new when we moved in (we were the first tenants in our apartment) back in '98, so things may have changed...

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
phrogpilot73 said:
Hmmm... Maybe I did live in a $hithole after all... It was brand new when we moved in (we were the first tenants in our apartment) back in '98, so things may have changed...

Looked up where you stayed, hey its better now than mine is... 24% approval on mine. Anyway, lessons learned...

Malice 1

pilot
I live north of the base. I am a native to the area, so I know about the parking lot style northbound traffic. I live about 4 miles north of the main gate, so I can commute in the opposite direction of the .5million beauracrats that make thier daily commute into DC.

Hey, I'm one of those burecrats..

I can give any gouge on Apartments in Fredericksburg VA just pm me..

A TBS Lt/his wife live in the appartment next to mine and a PFC in the appartment below me so theres a decent amount of Marines in my complex.

I live in Snowden Appartments which have a ghetto reputation but really are not bad at all.. 870 rent with a 5% military discount for 2 bedrooms 1000sf.. the commute isn't bad I can get to MCB Quantico in 20 minutes max during the so called "Rush Hour" ... DC traffic is a myth..

Greenbriar Apartments in Fred Vegas are also nice but more expensive..