• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where to live in Kingsville?

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
I selected Tailhook today and I'm reporting to Kingsville on October 15th. I was wondering if there is any advice on where to live down there. Also if anyone is looking for roomates let me know.

Will_07

Places to Live

There are two pretty nice PPV's to live at in Kingsville. Hunters Cove and Hawks Landing. Hunters Cove's rent is based on your BAH so it is relatively high for a three bedroom 2.5 bath unit ($900). Hawks landing is older but it has two and three bedroom 2 bath units for ($637 and $875). I live with two roomates at Hawks in a 3 bedroom and would not reccomend it because it is two small for 3 people, but the two man units are really nice at Hawks. There's also a new housing development just outside the base where a 3bd/2ba house rents for about $1200 if there available. Hope this helps and welcome to the long wait in KROK.

MasterBates

I'd rent in the newer housing development (Paulson Falls) or Hawks/Hunters.

DO NOT rent a house in town unseen. There is a lot of crap that looks OK online, but has mold/mildew/sketchy neighbors.

You have 10 days of TLA, use it.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the advice. Ill make a trip down there and visit some friends in Corpus While I'm at it

stickygdm

pilot
I'd rent in the newer housing development (Paulson Falls) or Hawks/Hunters.

DO NOT rent a house in town unseen. There is a lot of crap that looks OK online, but has mold/mildew/sketchy neighbors.

You have 10 days of TLA, use it.

There are always fliers in/around the ready rooms--places owned by military or friends of the military. If any are outdated please rip em down when you find out they're taken!

Sounds like a lot of folks are happy with the PPVs--both married and single folks.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
I live in Hunters. There are two of us in a 3 bedroom, with the extra room used as an office. I have a lot of friends who have similar arrangements here. Neither of us have that much stuff, but there is no way you could do 3 dudes in a 3 bedroom. Well maybe you could, but it would be cramped and why would you want to when 2 people is perfectly comfortable. I would recommend Hunters over Hawks as it is newer and nicer in general, and it's about 2 miles farther from base. Kingsville may love jet noise, and I sure do when I am flying one, but screw being any closer to it than you have to when you are at home. It will run you about $50-75 a piece more a month to live at Hunters than at Hawks, but I think it's well worth it. After rent, utilities, and cable with all the premium channels I pay between $600 and $650 a month depending on the AC bill. It's nice, well maintained, and way better than anything else in town save a house in Paulson Falls, but those vary and aren't always available. Oh yeah, don't get cable, I made that mistake. CMA here sucks. You have to use them for internet, but get satellite TV and you will be happier. PM if you have any specific questions. See you down in hell soon buddy.

KSUFLY

pilot
I lived in Kingsville Pointe and it was okay. It's a lot cheaper than the other two by far when I was there.

3-anchor

Base Housing

Do either of the base housing units have fenced in areas for pets? I have two dogs, is there any way just to let them out without them being on a leash? Thanks

nugget81

pilot
Do either of the base housing units have fenced in areas for pets? I have two dogs, is there any way just to let them out without them being on a leash? Thanks

Negative. And the base housing units aren't. They are PPV's (run by civilians, but under contract with the Navy.)

JeepGrl

I drive an 85 Jeep CJ7. I know. That's hot.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
"Where to live in Kingsville?"

Isn't that kinda like asking "Is it better to get kicked in the nuts or stabbed in the eye?"

No matter what the answer is... it's gonna hurt.

Something is really fvcked up in your life when you have to travel to the "big city" of shithole Corpus Christi to have fun...

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Pensacola kicks Corpus's ass. And milton is a much shorter drive away from Pcola than Corpus to krock. :)