• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where the he** am I going to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
I'm reporting to NASC for A-pool November 1st and I have nowhere to stay. I called the BOQ and they said they're booked solid until December. Anyone heard anything about where to stay for temporary lodging? My current command, God bless their cold, lifeless hearts, didn't give me any house-hunting leave, so it's looking like I'll be SOL when I get down there.

Any ideas?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You have 10 days of TLE (or is it TLA) to stay in a HOTEL. The Navy will re-imburse you when you do your travel claim. I think it has to be less than 80 bucks a day.
(TLA=Temporary Lodging Allowance; TLE=Temp. Lodging Expense).

Have you tried the Navy Lodge (1-800-NAVY-INN)?

BOQ/CBQ at Corry Station or Whiting Field?

Just some thoughts....
ea6bflyr

bennett4362

deployment sucks
call NASP navy lodge direct at 850-456-8676 (option 4) and they'll probably have some rooms if you want to stay there. going through the internet or 800 number, they're going to tell you there's nothing available, but calling direct you can get something.

Road Program

None
I'll call Navy lodge and see what's going on there. A friend is coming to visit me the first weekend of November and she told me she got the last hotel room for 100 miles. I guess everyone with a house damaged during Ivan is staying in hotels.

slabicro

Helo wife
Good luck! If you are not BDCP I don't think you get anything! At least my spouse didn't! He stayed at the suburban lodge for 3 weeks with a buddy and they split it. He did not get one cent from the navy for it! It was rough on us he had no choice since there was no BOQ anywhere. We think a lot depends on being married vs single. Are you coming alone?

Hang in there.

Renee :D

Pags

N/A
pilot
I'll be losing a roommate come mid-november and need to fill a spot in the house. We live about 40min from Whiting and about 25min from NAS Pcola. If you can pass the interview process, you can take his spot.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
For some reason or other, I was not elligable for TLE (TLA?) when I went to NASP out of NROTC. So don't count on that money. When the BOQ says they are full, they usually mean their permanent quarters. The Transient quarters are first come first serve and are usually wide open. 5 bucks a day I think it was.

Don't sweat it man, people have been facing this for yrs and no one has had to go live in their car.

hairball26

Road Program,

I had a similar problem, but my command let me take house-hunting leave(from Japan, no less) and I'm in the process of buying a house right now. If you haven't found a place yet, send me an email at rr@mailsnare.net and maybe we can work something out. I report to P-cola in late November will be back stateside in early November.

Also, watch out - they tried to ORDMOD me to report in January vice November, but my having housing saved me....and it sounds like you wouldn't care for an extended farewell with your current command.

regards,
Hairball26

p.s. I bet your CruDes right now, aren't you?

Road Program

None
Hairball...how right you are on the CruDes. Do your orders have you reporting NLT 22 Nov? That's what mine have. I haven't seen an Ordmod yet, so my fingers are crossed for the next 5 days. If all else fails, I know someone down in P'cola who I can say I'm living with, so I've got that going for me. I'm really trying to find a place with a garage though...tired of leaving my motorcycle outside, she deserves better. :(

Thanks for the heads-up on the ordmod...I'll start working on an excuse as to why I can't stay here.

el_bastardo

Don't forget the transient housing at the BOQ there. Something like $25 a day, maid service, feels like a hotel, and you get BAH while living there.

hairball26

Hehheh....my first ship was a DDG, I loved it and hated it...now I am on an amphib - the SWO A@@hole quotient is much smaller here, but this command is far, far worse than the DDG, for other reasons....can't wait to get to P-cola, I report Nov 26, the day after thanksgiving -hah, sure that'll be a busy day ...::grin::

As for the ORDMOD - watch out, this is what I got back when I emailed the detailer(PERS43E) - had to email 'cause my command was refusing to process my transfer due to the stop movement order...

"We are in process of completing an Order Modification for all students arriving within Sep through Nov of 2003. You can expect to receive an order modification within the next week or so indicating your arrival date as 13 Jan 2005. This modification is required not because of the schools ability to handle new students but the lack of housing, including the BOQ in Pensacola. Currently all housing in the local area is filled and expected to remain that way until NOV 2004. Because of that we are modifying all Sep / Oct shows to Dec and all Nov shows to to Jan. Keep in contact with your student control at the NROTC, they will have the most up to date information. And, if they haven't received a mod notification they should send me an email so that I can add them to my all NROTC Email list."

They were going to send me a no-notice ORDMOD less than two-weeks before I transfered from Japan...pack-outs complete, local housing lease ended, car sold and accounts closed...a quick call explaining that I was not a ROTC student and that I already HAD housing in Pensacola fixed it, but you sure didn't want to come within a 10-foot radius of me the morning I found out about that... :icon_rage ...good luck

regards,
Hairball26

p.s. my house has a big garage, and I am going to fill it all up with RX-7s :D

Road Program

None
As of 8 minutes ago I now have 5 days until I transfer. I'm in the same boat you were in...lease ended, packed out, all that good stuff. I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to email anyone and ask them if they want to ordmod me due to a housing crunch. I'll commute from Tampa if I have to. I have the 2-7 tonight (yep, still on the watchbill) and I've been trying to sleep since 6pm, but no luck due to falling out of my rack thanks to the crappy seas. You should see my room...clothes, boots, garbage...everywhere. There's even a random metal rod floating around that nearly took off a toe. That thing's going with me up to the bridge soon, but it ain't coming back.

Why did your command stop process your orders due to the stop movement? My XO got this big sh*t-eating grin on his face when he asked me if I had seen the message and I told him I had, and that I wasn't affected since it said it applied to personnel reporting Sep 14-Oct 31. Wiped that smile right off his face.

hairball26

well, maybe you will get lucky and transfer before they get around to sending your ORDMOD :D

-they knew that the stop movement msg didn't technically affect me...still had to contact the detailer if I wanted plane tickets, that's when I learned about the impending ORDMODs.

Status
Not open for further replies.