• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where did you find out about Air Warriors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hey, just a quick show of hands
icon_smile.gif
, where did everyone hear about the web site? What brought you here? Likes/dislikes with the site? Suggestions? Just curious. Thanks!

JasonG

I read a post a few years ago at studentpilot.net and voula. Site is efficient, but perhaps another design; this one seems to lack luster. Alot more potential lies within this site, design wise.

Also a section for Hornet drivers offering incentive rides wouldnt hurt either

I check up on this site often and I really dont mind it at all in anyway. Really is the best forum out there on these subjects. Surely after renovation it will only improve.

Great work John!

Regards,
Jason

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
It was a link from "Journal of a Naval Aviator." The one who is flying the E-6. I think the update you are doing will suffice. This is an excellent website/forum and I thank you for making this career transition easier and more enjoyable.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

marti

I discovered this web site while trying to find more information on becoming a Naval Aviator. This site is really great place for people who are interested in Naval Aviation to get the answers to questions that no one else can give them. The only thing that I would suggest is that in the forum there should be sections for Marines and NFOs. I have found that If you want info on these topics you really have to search for them (It's a real pain in the A##). Other than that I have nothing more to add. By creating this Website you have helped a lot of people and I know that anytime I get a little discouraged I just come back here and read some of the posts.

RC

found it by surfing the web...
it has answered many of my q's...
i have about a month until OCS and i think this has been one of the most helpful tools i have found.

aoconnor

I was referred to the site by my recruiter. He said that it would answer a lot of basic questions, and allow me to talk to people going through the same thing.

He was right. Love the resource.

-Adam

cubsfan79

Hey John,

First of all thank you very much for organizing this site, it's information is priceless.
I Belive I originally found your site through Marquette Univ. NROTC website. If I am mistaken then it was the E-6 pilot'f journal.

Take her Easy

Robbie

kaiangel

Some of the OC's at my unit who had already service selected aviation told me about it. They said that it had the most information about flight school on it and they were right. So far this has been the only useful resource for learning about flight training.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
quote:should be sections for Marines and NFOs. I have found that If you want info on these topics you really have to search for them (It's a real pain in the A##).

Ok, no problem, sounds like a good idea, they have been added, I did a quick search and moved some topics over to the new forum categories. If you see any other topics that need to be moved, just go to the topic, and hit "refer to friend" and send it to me at johnwickham@airwarriors.com Then I will move it over to the other section.

heiseycp

I was searching online for information concerning Naval Aviation and training. I stumbled upon "Journal of a Student Naval Aviator" and that had a link to this website.

kraused

I too was searching for information concerning Naval Aviation and came across this site. The site has been an excellent resource in gathering opinions and helpful information while applying for a pilot position. In my case, as I'm sure is the case with many others, I didn't know anybody that had gone to the military to fly, this site has given me the opportunity to ask people questions that are actually doing it. Thanks for your hard work with this site!

dewahl

A guy named John W. Nelson has a link to it on his website. Thats where I found it.

http://cloud.prohosting.com/dawgjwn/cgi-bin/.

If you look in his archives he kept a pretty good day by day of when he went through last summer. The Air Warriors site has been tons of help and answered about all of the questions I could ever think of and some I didnt.

Dave Wahl

edato

I was searching on Google for info and came across a link. Also someone had a link to your page on a Military.com message post. Actually, that is a good suggestion, maybe you could get a link to their site, or another good one to be linked to would be usmilitary.about.com

megrey06

Kingsville
I came across the site from the StudentPilot message board that has mostly AF guys on it. I asked a question regarding Naval Aviation and someone (I think Randy Haskin) told me to check out your site for all of my questions.

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.