• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where are you getting your ammo? (.223/5.56)

Bevo16

pilot
I wish that I could turn back the clock to when this post started and grab some of those 1000 round cases for $350. I was quoted $499 for 1000rds of PMC today, and got some 500 of 55gr federal for $240.

Obama is the best gun salesman in the world.

Anybody here shoot Wolf? That's the cheapest stuff around, but some of my red-neck buddies say that it sucks.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "if your gun can't reliably shoot Wolf, it's broken."

Yes, it's a little dirtier than some other ammo, but you're often paying less. Deal.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I've said it before and I'll say it again, "if your gun can't reliably shoot Wolf, it's broken."

Yes, it's a little dirtier than some other ammo, but you're often paying less. Deal.

ALL my guns "shoot" w/ anything I run through them ... otherwise, they get "fixed" ... except mebbe that Walther w/the Winchester white box .380 (very strange bullets) ... so it ain't "broken".

I just don't like "dirty" ammo ... there's more in life than money. :)

Deal. :sleep_125

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I wish that I could turn back the clock to when this post started and grab some of those 1000 round cases for $350. I was quoted $499 for 1000rds of PMC today, and got some 500 of 55gr federal for $240.

Obama is the best gun salesman in the world.

Anybody here shoot Wolf? That's the cheapest stuff around, but some of my red-neck buddies say that it sucks.

Yup Obama sold me 2 AK's (before the election...cheap) and a super cool Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Carbine (after the election...not so cheap)

I have enough mil surp 5.56 salted away that I don't have to shoot Wolf but I do when I'm just blasting away and burning a lot of rounds. To each his own but I've put 2.5 - 3 thousand rounds thru 3 different AR's and I've never had a bit of trouble with the new stuff. No broken extractors, no stuck cases, just dirty. I never shot much of the old Wolf because ammo was cheap back then so that debate can rage on without me.

If I was spending big dollars on a class or something I'd probably shoot mil surp but I don't see any reason to burn the good stuff just to play. Zissou says mil surp will get cheap again this summer but just in case I'll hang on to what I've got until then.

That said I wouldn't bet my life on 5.56 Wolf either. The few mags I keep loaded are loaded with Hornady 5.56 LEO TAP and Black Hills Mk 262.

H60Gunner

Contributor
Zissou says mil surp will get cheap again this summer but just in case I'll hang on to what I've got until then.

I'm still hangin' on to that little pearl of intel. If it's real, and I believe it is, it will be a boon for buying.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
I'm still hangin' on to that little pearl of intel. If it's real, and I believe it is, it will be a boon for buying.

I'm sure it'll be back up by the time I get back from cruise. I just can't catch any ammo-luck lately.

Anyone got any leads on 40S&W? I just got a new Sig229 that needs to be fed.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... Zissou says....
You can still get Federal Red box XM193 (now Black box ???) for $7.88/box ...

How much cheaper do you think it's gonna' get these days ... ??? :)

*EDIT* ... relatively "clean", MILSPEC quality ammo ... from a reputable, reliable dealer ???

Bevo16

pilot
Well, I got gas for $1.38 today. Who would have thought that would be possible 6 months ago?

A guy has to hope...right? Hope and change...something like that?

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The cheapest .40 I've consistently found has been Blazer Brass at Wal-Mart. Makes for good enough range ammo.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
yup. I like that stuff too. I also shoot the Blazer alum case stuff as well (in 9mm). Hell I think my Glock 19 would shoot rocks if I could get'em in the mag.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
The cheapest .40 I've consistently found has been Blazer Brass at Wal-Mart. Makes for good enough range ammo.

They go for about $22 for 100 at the walmarts here. Winchester cheap stuff is the same price give or take 50 cents. But over here, walmart carries the cheapest