• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where are the Hornet pilots?

ftrooper

pilot
Where are the Marine Hornet drivers?

We're all on IAs, or trying to get back to the gun squadrons so we can catch up on quals. Any time other than the 1 year(or greater than your airframe currency) as a FAC or EWS is likely to keep you from getting back to the Hornet, ever again, or you will be that guy who is a 2nd tour combat wingman only, and snags the "1 year in Djibouti, non-flying" IA at the cyclic rate. So yeah, Hornet drivers can go anywhere, but they can't come back, and I love that gray airplane... so, that makes the choices easy on where to go.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
FAC makes sense. I never understood why a C130 driver would be a FAC. He doesn't drop bombs.

I never realized that there were so many less jet drivers than other types of pilots.

Guess that would excuse all the helo drivers from FAC jobs as well! Whew!

There aren't that many fewer. You just haven't been in the phases of training where you are most likely to see them, as has been stated. I had two F-18 TBS instructors when I went through, BTW.

Once you're a LtCol, you are either a CO, XO, on a "weird" billet, or on a staff job. That's pretty muchit for all T/M/S.

3P4Life

Local JOPA Union Rep
Where are the Marine Jet pilots? They are sitting next to all the Herc drivers learning how to calculate a VDP for their interviews with Delta, UPS and FEDEX. :icon_smil

Friends don't let friends take the bonus.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought it too high also. Just passing on what an O-6 said. With all of the real world shyte going on, maybe it's just a statistical blip for a year or so to satisfy manpower req's. Add in the fact that the Super Rags are getting up and running, Growler er Shocker coming online, reserve squadrons being heavily tasked, etc... I've even heard of Navy pointy-nose guys going to AD Marine squadrons to fill seats for a deployment or two.
Obviously beyond my pay grade so take it FWIW.

Yeah, that O-6 is smoking crack. While there might be a high number now it is nowhere close to 95%. I think he is trying to make a sale for people to stay in.......:eek:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Guess that would excuse all the helo drivers from FAC jobs as well! Whew!

There aren't that many fewer. You just haven't been in the phases of training where you are most likely to see them, as has been stated. I had two F-18 TBS instructors when I went through, BTW.

Once you're a LtCol, you are either a CO, XO, on a "weird" billet, or on a staff job. That's pretty muchit for all T/M/S.

FWIW, kind of an old thread. Malice is now knee-deep in both Navy and Marine F-18 pilots. When he started this thread, he hadn't even been introduced to some fine training by a certain Navy helo pilot, let alone a jet dude.