• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whens The Best Time To Start An App.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuggerat

aight...here's my deal... im going to be starting my sophomore year at SUNY Binghamton this fall and i have around a 3.3 gpa with a Poli Sci major concentration in Foreign Policies...when would be the best time to go to the recruiter and tell him im the next duke cunningham and start the application process, i might just go and buy those arco books and start studying up this weekend just to get a head start. So for all those who've gotten their OCS bids gimme a holla with ur opinion on whens the best time to start.

Zugger D

zuggerat

aight thanx...so if i were to wait a few months...it would impact my chances of being selected in a timely fashion a great deal?

Zugger D

navy101

The new fiscal year starts in about 6 weeks and I was told by my NRD that is the best time to apply. Also, like you mentioned, you should study before you take the astb. I would suggest you study with the marine corps study guide. You can find it in the forums here at airwarriors.

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
Ummm... I believe the new Fiscal Year starts in October. You might wanna check that navy101. I was told by my recruiter that the best time to apply is now, unless it's different for BDCP candidates. I've been out of college for a year.

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
Hey navy101, Warlord is officially an idiot... you are right. I was reading 6 months and not weeks (I need to go home for the afternoon!). I'll give you my name and number so if we ever class up together you can punch me in the face. Sorry 'bout that. And to think I could rebut a Navy issue with a guy named navy101! Anyway, I'm going to be applying within the next few weeks, so how how much of an advantage might that be? Any info. is appreciated.

RobNLa

I believe that the fiscal year starts October 15, but Navy101 is right. Contact a recruiter as soon as possible to get the ball rolling.

Rob

navy101

I was told when you apply during the start of a fiscal year the Navy will have a bunch of new pilot slots to give out.

bisouss69

They are already filling FY04 Quotas... and that started in June-July FY03... so getting it in asap would be good.

zuggerat

wow so much info...thanx peeps...i still hafta make a big decision whether to do this...its not the kinda thing you go in half-hearted...whats the benefits of doing BDCP over completing college and then applying for OCS, which is more competitive?

Zugger D

jasand

I don't know about slots being more available at the beginning of the FY, as far as I have been informed all of the FY04 slots are full for SNA. That means that they will start selecting for FY05 soon. However if your just starting your Sophmore year, you wouldn't be ready to go untill FY07 at the earliest. If that is the case take your time and study up. Talk to a recruiter and find out when would be the best time to apply. It's very competitive right now and the pipelines are backed up. If you have the chance to wait on sending in your app. it may be to your advantage.

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
I beleive any selection now is for FY '05. If you put in an application right now, there would be no way for you to get in an FY '04 class, from what my recruiter tells me. Well I guess it may be possible, but I was informed that if you're applying at this time, it's for FY '05. Who knows? It seems like there's a lot of conflicting opinions on some of these topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.