• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to order uniforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ip568

None
Uniforms

For the financially challenged, there are some good uniform deals on ebay (believe it or not).

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I'd be REALLY careful about buying your uniforms on eBay. That is, if it were me, I flat out wouldn't do it. Yes, uniforms are rather expensive, but there are plenty of loans out there to help you out -- I think the TBS Uniform Shop has a pretty good one. I wouldn't trust a uniform bought on eBay, mainly because you have to get it specifically tailored to your body measurements, you don't know exactly what condition you're getting them in, etc. I wouldn't recommend that course of action. Think of your uniforms as an investment. You will keep them for the rest of your time in the Marine Corps and you can always get alterations as necessary. It might be pricey, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
ZGXtreme said:
This confusing to me... you speak of purchasing uniforms for Commissioning... what do you wear during OCS? Digis only? One does not endure uniform inspections during OCS which would require the uniforms prior to Commissioning?
Hey hardcharger why all the interest in the college boy programs. You getting the itch to join the dark side? I got a cousin out there with you guys what company you in? And by the way I went to PLC combined (10 week with no commission) alot like whiskey dickin a fat chick....alot of work and no reward. Anyways like I said PLCers only wear their cammies for inspections and the inspections are pretty weak, wall locker no JOB's or deuce gear layouts that I remember. Anyways I guess things have changed since digies came out and I can see making those inspections a little more fleet friendly. Which leads me to my question for you How hard is it to pick up a set of those new boots we all need at cash sales in Pendleton? Can't get em at Quantico or NAS Pensacola. I heard you can get em online but I think I might wait until next month when I should be back at the Corps finest base.
S/F

usmcecho4

pilot
I just went to cash sales in Quantico and exchanged my formerly brown, now black jungle boots I had at OCS for a brand new pair and had no problems doing so. There may not be a lot on the shelf on the store side but they will poach from the OCS supply to hook you up.

s/f,
usmcecho4

H

Honour_Class

Can you even buy uniforms on eBay in the U.S.? I see plenty listed, but when clicked on they come up as a forbidden item in the U.S. due to legal concerns. This seems to happen with any uniform item from WWII to today.

orthaj

lots of hate and discontent toward the Marine Shop...thats news to me... most guys I was in TBS had no problems with them including myself. I heard many more gripes about MCCS and the uniform shop on Barrett.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
I'm with going to the PX all the way!!! They're just uniforms. The Marine Shop ain't that much better, they're just a little more nicer to you. Besides, depending on where you're stationed, you're not going to wear that stuff ever again other than probably in this order:

Ground Marine Officer:
1) Check into first duty station in Service Alphas
2) Wear cammies everyday
3) Dress Blues will probably only be worn at the Marine Corps Ball
4) If your in some formation for a battalion/company inspection wear you're inspecting your Marines in Service Alpha's or some Alpha variation most likely because enlisted Marines aren't required to own Blues.

Air Marine Officer:
2) Wear flight suit everyday
4) If your in some squdron inspection wear you're inspecting your Marines in Service Alpha's or some Alpha variation most likely because enlisted Marines aren't required to own Blues. However, you probably won't even have that because the Air Wing is too busy for formations, or too spread out.

Lawyer Marine Officers:

2) Wear cammies or Service Alpha variation everyday.
4) Don't do formations usually unless attached to a MEU or some kind of headquarters unit, then you just stand there in whatever uniform and inspect other Marines.

If you get tagged for Recruiting Duty or some other duty you will dust the Creighton shirts off and actually use them. Then you'll say to yoursef "Wow I'm glad I bought these way back when," or "My butt is too big and I need to find a bigger size. Wow I didn't realize how small I was back then!"

Besides the fact that you will lose stuff, gain stuff, get bigger, get smaller, and end up buying something more than once. Especially if you get augmented and continue pass your first obligation to the Marine Corps.

I hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.