• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

when to get out of DEP after receiveing the NROTC scholarship

Airyk17

I talked to Embry-Riddle ROTC and they said that whether or not your in DEP makes no impact at all on your ROTC app. My recruiter said the same thing to me about DEP and I called to verify it. The CO at ERAU seemed pretty mad about it.

But that's just my .02

well I think it helped with my interview bcuz it showed that I was already ready to make a commitment to the Navy regardless of the scholarship or not the scholarship was just a way for me 2 start higher and accomplish more (in my mind some of u may argue diff thats your opinion and for your situation you could be correct). I also stated this in at least one of my essays and to the interviewer so if it didn't gain me points with the application it at least gained me points with the interview and the essay. I also wasn't just signing up to sign up for the scholarship, the scholarship just made me decide to sign up earlier in my senior year rather than later. So I think it still helped regardless

sarapatty08

I understand your reluctancy to get out of DEP ASAP, myself I am the RPOC of my station and love all the other deppers cause we all push and motivate each other past our goals. Your recruiter seems pretty decent maybe you can ask him if you can still workout and do military drill with your station when you end your DEP contract. I am in the same situation (NROTC still hasn't made a decision on my application), but my NC1 always jokes about staying around when Im an Officer in training to ensure everyone keeps up with my push up workout. Just communicate with your recruit station they know that you aren't going to boot camp because of the scholarship, they will respect you more if you are open about you concerns.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I understand your reluctancy to get out of DEP ASAP, myself I am the RPOC of my station and love all the other deppers cause we all push and motivate each other past our goals. Your recruiter seems pretty decent maybe you can ask him if you can still workout and do military drill with your station when you end your DEP contract. I am in the same situation (NROTC still hasn't made a decision on my application), but my NC1 always jokes about staying around when Im an Officer in training to ensure everyone keeps up with my push up workout. Just communicate with your recruit station they know that you aren't going to boot camp because of the scholarship, they will respect you more if you are open about you concerns.

You are a year late.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You are a year late.

Indeed, vvvvvvvv but thanks anyway!

Airyk17 said:
Hi guys, I haven't posted in a long while just been lurking around. I'm a 4/C in NROTC and i know its really early but I've been interested in SWO lately and was wanting to get some more specific info and just a general feel for the community so I did some searching on here and everyone says check out Sailorbob or SWOnet but I looked at those sites and both wouldn't let me view unless I am registered and a SWO already. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong but any help would be great.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exception to the rule

You will dress right at close interval at change-of-commands, once every 14 months.:D

Unless you're in a squadron with a CO who elects to do an airborne change of command (usually at sea). Saves a lot of trouble for ALCON.

web_070731-N-2193K-002.jpg

070731-N-2193K-002 PACIFIC OCEAN (JULY 31, 2007) - Capt. Michael Manazir, commanding officer of the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Nimitz (CVN 68), Capt. David Woods, former Commander, Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 11, and Capt. Thomas Downing, commander CVW-11, fly by the Nimitz in a F/A-18E and F/A-18F Super Hornets during an airborne change of command ceremony for CVW-11. U.S. Navy photo by Lt. Cmdr. Brian Knoll (RELEASED)