• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to get Married?

When

• Now

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Graduation

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Wings

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Never

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HH-60H said:
It's called the intranet because I can't get the link to work?

You may already know this, so forgive me.

The internet is of course what we are on right now, a Wide Area Network. Worldwide and public.

An intranet is on a private network, but will have characteristics of the internet, such as webservers, FTP servers, URLs, etc.

Judging by the URL of that link, it's on the USNA intranet... not open to the public on the internet unless you have a way to tunnel to their intranet.

supplywife

Adyson Elizabeth born 2/25/2007
Well, no advice here on the topic...just would like to say Congratulations to your and your fiance!!

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Yeah, go read Road Program's girlfriend thread for some of the history and perspective on this subject...

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
eddie said:
Yeah, go read Road Program's girlfriend thread for some of the history and perspective on this subject...

Right as I was just about to say the time would be . . . .NEVER :D

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
gregsivers said:
Right as I was just about to say the time would be . . . .NEVER :D

I'm normally the last person to even look in this forum, for what some can imagine are obvious reasons. But when I saw the topic, I just HAD to read it. Gregsivers pretty much summed up my thoughts.

Seriously, though, I am the LAST person anyone should look to as an example of what to do in relationships. I'm still dealing with the bad karma I brought upon myself from breaking up with my fiance in college...6 years ago. Well, I supposed I could blame myself, but blaming karma makes me feel better.

Best of luck to you, though. It CAN work if you both are devoted to each other and can endure the long absences. I've known a few geo-bachelors from previous commands who somehow made it work. It's definitely not for me, but I know it can be done.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
WHEN ???

Get married when you find your "dream girl" --- and only then. You know what I'm talking about --- or if you don't you probably should never get married.

I found mine ... it took me a while and one misstep --- but it's worth the wait. :)

dustydog

pilot
HH-60H,

It's Q and he is a good guy. He's one of my many former CO's and an HS guy.

KrazyKaptain,
Ask Q about his time in France and why he was one of the Hobbits. Tell him that his favorite JO who didn't quite make the the boat in Key West says hello. He'll know who it is.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
WHEN ???

Get married when you find your "dream girl" --- and only then. You know what I'm talking about --- or if you don't you probably should never get married.

I found mine ... it took me a while and one misstep --- but it's worth the wait. :)
And despite common misconceptions, there are dream girls out there...

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
WHEN ???

Advice steeped in sage and wisdom!

Ditto ditto

HawkeyeNFO

At the RAG
I don't know if anyone has mentioned the co-location oppourtunity in Hampton Roads. 5 E-2 squadrons, a bunch of helo squadrons, as well as the East Coast Hornet Fleet is here, as well as Portsmouth Naval Hospital.

I know this is end of the road, but the chances of being together while married and students is damn near impossible. You might as well stay single and each collect BAH.