• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to check on package????

lik00

Top of page 8-13 states the package in its entirety shall not be returned to the applicant.

I'm wondering if you have an old OPNAV. I just checked the instruction again, and all that it says at the top of 8-13 is "Applications should not be returned to the applicant for mailing. It is recommended that a copy of the application package be retained by the command. " That's a direct copy and paste from the instruction. So I understand that I am not supposed to be the one to mail the package in, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a page number on where it says that I can't see my package, in it's entirety. Thanks again for the help.

wernama

This is why I believe you should be able to see your package...
page 8-13
a. Applicants are responsible for submitting complete
applications and must adhere strictly to the application
procedures.
( It also goes on to list some common errors to look out for. Some of them being interview sheets without a desig/job title and CO's statement missing a recommendation. there's no way to know that unless you look at them... at least thats my argument)

PG 8-15
f. Application materials will be retained as part of STA-21
selectees’ academic file. Non-selectees’ applications will not
be returned to the applicants. Applicants should ensure they
retain a complete copy of their package

It says in black and white, Applicants should retain a copy of "complete package"

lik00

Applicants should ensure they
retain a complete copy of their package

That's all I needed. Out of the million times I have read through this thing, I would have thought that I would have been able to find that. But thanks for the help wernama. Now all I have to do is show my CC this and he can go pack sand.

lik00

So he's still not budging and told me that if I get selected he'll let me see the interview sheets and CO's recommendation. I've all ready talked to my Chief about it this morning, but I wish the NC wasn't being such an @$$. Guess it doesn't matter since the package is all ready sent off. Thanks again for everyone's help.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
even if you dont get selected, after the results come out he should give you a copy of the full package. fysa, my coc gave me my part of the package (cover sheet to statements of understanding) and told me that in october i would get the command part (CO Recommendation and all other enclosures). that instruction is your 6 shooter, if it is in there that you should retain a complete copy of their package, thats all you should need. chances are that with the chief involved, it will only be a matter of time before you get the word that you are going to get what you deserve. good luck.

CP