• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to check on package????

itjoew

Emailed my package off on Monday 10MAY2010. My CO asked for a conformation to be sent back so she knew that everything was received. I know what all the water damaged up there they will be a little behind. Have not heard from them as of yet if my package was received. Do you think I should call to see if all my paperwork was received? And if so, does anyone have a number I should call?

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
I was told not to do confirmation with my package to avoid any hassles of the correct/authorized person not being there to sign for it. That's one more possible factor that could potentially cause some problems. But, sounds like it's too late for you plus if your CO wanted you to do it then... Good luck!

If anybody else is directed to do the confirmation from there CO, might want to "respectfully" explain the potential problems and see what they think. It is your package and I would hate for anybody to not make a deadline due to something as stupid as a signature for the package being delivered. I did STA-21 but it's the same idea for OCS concerning the confirmation.

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
I don't know about your board but I had to be very proactive with my nfo-pilot package. I was on the phone hassling people left and right. In my circumstance it was the right thing to because my paperwork was constantly getting screwed up, miss placed, or sat on... I pissed some people at Pensacola medical off by calling them until they did their job but it was necessary. Remember, nobody cares as much about your transition as you.

jtmedli

pilot
I don't know about your board but I had to be very proactive with my nfo-pilot package. I was on the phone hassling people left and right. In my circumstance it was the right thing to because my paperwork was constantly getting screwed up, miss placed, or sat on... I pissed some people at Pensacola medical off by calling them until they did their job but it was necessary. Remember, nobody cares as much about your transition as you.

Story of my life right there.

Bevo16

pilot
If it was sent on the 10th, it should be OK. Many of the e-mails that were supposed to come in from the 1st to the 5th went into a black hole. Yours should be OK, but that does not mean that the person who checks that message has a desk, computer, or place to work.

jmavalos

Emailed my package off on Monday 10MAY2010. My CO asked for a conformation to be sent back so she knew that everything was received. I know what all the water damaged up there they will be a little behind. Have not heard from them as of yet if my package was received. Do you think I should call to see if all my paperwork was received? And if so, does anyone have a number I should call?

- Your package should have arrived already, did you send one by mail as well? I sent mine 17MAY2010 (MAILED OUT) and I just got an email confirming they got my package. But like you i was worried because i did not hear anything from them, so I also emailed my package to make sure they got it. Email Moore, Joseph T CIV CNRC, N36 at joseph.t.moore@navy.mil he handles all Fleet packages. Good Luck!

LS2 Avalos, Juan

wrecklessfool

just slackin...
I was told not to do confirmation with my package to avoid any hassles of the correct/authorized person not being there to sign for it. That's one more possible factor that could potentially cause some problems. But, sounds like it's too late for you plus if your CO wanted you to do it then... Good luck!

If anybody else is directed to do the confirmation from there CO, might want to "respectfully" explain the potential problems and see what they think. It is your package and I would hate for anybody to not make a deadline due to something as stupid as a signature for the package being delivered. I did STA-21 but it's the same idea for OCS concerning the confirmation.

Package just has to be post marked by 01 JULY. I sent mine out at about 10 PM on July 1st using one of the after-hours automated mailing machines in the post office lobby. This was due to my command flubbing up on getting it mailed out a few days earlier as they told me they would. You should be able to log in to the STA-21 website to check on package status. It should tell you received, etc. If you're missing docs, it'll also inform you...at least it did 3 years ago. Good luck!

lik00

Here's a question... can the applicant see their package at all, after it has been submitted? My CC's will let me see what I submitted, but they won't let me see the interview sheets. I searched through the OPNAV and didn't see anything about the applicant not being able to see the package as a whole. They only thing I found was that it should not be returned to the applicant for mailing. Thanks.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
my admin is letting me see the package in october after results come out. your argument should be that you can use it to know what to build off of for next year if you dont get picked up, and that you have buddies that want to see a full package completed, especially if you do get picked up, so they see what a selectees package looks like.

lik00

Tried that and they are still being stupid about it. Monday I am going to ask him to show me where in the instruction it says the applicant can't see the interview sheets. I am also going to email the STA-21 website and see what they say.

PRICE311USN

(NAC/AW)
i wouldn't push it with the command yet. the packages just got submitted. once the results come out is when i would talk to them about it. just let it sit for a while and they will probably help you out once the results come out. i definitely wouldn't bother pcola about it, that is the kind of stuff that slows down the process for everyone. the last thing that all of the applicants need is mike peros being bombarded with emails about stuff that doesn't pertain to the selection process.

Tried that and they are still being stupid about it. Monday I am going to ask him to show me where in the instruction it says the applicant can't see the interview sheets. I am also going to email the STA-21 website and see what they say.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
i wouldn't push it with the command yet. the packages just got submitted. once the results come out is when i would talk to them about it. just let it sit for a while and they will probably help you out once the results come out. i definitely wouldn't bother pcola about it, that is the kind of stuff that slows down the process for everyone. the last thing that all of the applicants need is mike peros being bombarded with emails about stuff that doesn't pertain to the selection process.

Wink would be best to tell you why you'll never see the whole package and why you should trust the process in that regard. The Recruiter is your advocate and is going to let you know if your Interviews aren't strong enough. They want you to get selected so if they see a weakness and it can be corrected and that is one that can readily by seeking another interviewer. Besides, they know more what to look for in that regards whereas you do not.